Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Where to buy medical alert bracelet for allergic dd

anonymrs

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 7:20 pm
I am sending my very allergic dd out this year for the first time. I would like to get her a bracelet, in case of emergency ch'v. Does anyone know where I can order one for her?

ROFL

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 8:10 pm
http://www.americanmedical-id.com/

I ordered from them. Easy to do

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 8:15 pm
I googled and found a million options, including amazon and Kmart if you want easy returns. I like this one http://m.kmart.com/productdeta.....=59.0

anonymrs

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 8:24 pm
I also googled but wanted to hear from someone who used a particular company and were satisfied.

ROFL, do they offer a service for contact/medical information? What did you write on the tag?

Thanks!

tinker-belle

Post Fri, Aug 23 2013, 2:54 pm
We got our son's from medicalert.org

SHMEIJEL

Post Fri, Aug 23 2013, 3:33 pm
Allerbling.com

jayne

Post Fri, Aug 23 2013, 3:59 pm
I bought my daughter a bunch of colorful rubber bracelets with her allergy info on them, and she still loves them and wears them many years later. They last forever. I don't remember the company but I found them online.

mom22qts

Post Fri, Aug 23 2013, 4:01 pm
I love allermates products- very kid friendly necklaces and braclets. The multi allergy bracelet has place for contact info but I don't think the others do.

ROFL

Post Fri, Aug 23 2013, 4:13 pm
The company I used ( above) was good sent out braclets very fast. I did call them to seak since I wasn't sure of a specific issue and they were very helpful.

I just had another idea. You know those rubber braclets like this company. http://wristbandsnow.com/. You daughter may like them.

I would put on her name , allergy to.....
And your cell number for emergency

SRK

Post Sat, Aug 24 2013, 10:58 am
I need one for a one year old...

anonymrs

Post Sat, Aug 24 2013, 6:27 pm
Thanks all! For those that were able to write a custom message, what info did you include and how did you word it?

ROFL

Post Sat, Aug 24 2013, 6:31 pm
I would put on her name ,known allergies ,and an emergency phone contact.

Mommy3.5

Post Sat, Aug 24 2013, 8:23 pm
Go with a company that had a clear medical symbol. Things that are cute aren't necessarily best. You want EMT/paramedic to notice it right away.

Also medical companies will store your medical info, so that things that don't for on the bracelet can be easily accessed my medical personnel treating your daughter if you are not there.

I didn't get my kids bracelets so I don't know which company, but I have s friend who does, I can ask if you want.

SRK

Post Sun, Aug 25 2013, 12:54 am
sounds good

anonymrs

Post Sun, Aug 25 2013, 7:10 am
The companies that you can engrave on the bracelet don't have enough space to write dd's name, allergies, and contact number:( Anyone had this experience??

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Aug 25 2013, 9:05 am
http://www.medicalert.org/

this company stores medical data so first responders can access it.

fromnj

Post Sun, Aug 25 2013, 10:56 am
Why do you need all that info? Are you sending her to school or playgroup? If that is the case, she should have something bright that identifies her allergy so the caretakers won't forget about her allergy. My DS has a peanut allergy and I bought these: http://store.allermates.com/ When someone is leaning over to give him food, they will probably see the bracelet. They don't need to know his name. They need to have a reminder not to feed him peanuts. Also, they have his epipen and emergency info in his classroom, so I wouldn't waste space on the bracelet for that. If you are afraid she will wander off, then maybe.

I'm not sure that the one that links with information electronically will be useful. I don't know if most first responders have the ability to check it or would check it anyway. Also, if she is having a reaction you want her stabilized first. Depending on the severity of the allergy would they do that on site, or on the way to the hospital? In my DS's case, they'd be at the hospital.

anonymrs

Post Sun, Aug 25 2013, 2:53 pm
fromnj, you are probably right (and my dh agreed with you lol). I ordered her the one from allermates. If she did have a reaction, yes, they'd be off to the hospital. Actually, depending which allergen but for some, yes, the hospital it would be.

Vegieburger

Post Sun, Aug 25 2013, 6:30 pm
Etsy has some nice ones.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics