Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Cheaper uniform shirts

mummiedearest

Post Sat, Aug 24 2013, 9:33 pm
I found a way to save money on uniform shirts, so I felt it a good idea to share.

my dd's school requires polo shirts with the school's initials embroidered on the chest. I did not want to pay full price for shirts she will likely destroy. I found cheap polos of the right color (they cost me $5 each) at a kids' department store. instead of having them embroidered, I ordered a custom self-inking laundry stamp with the initials in Times New Roman font, size 36. the stamp cost me $15.45, including shipping. I just stamped the shirts, and they look great. I'm hoping to have the stamp for the duration of her stay in elementary school (she's going into first grade now) and I have a younger dd who will hopefully get some use out of it. I'm not 100% sure of the cost of the official uniform shirts, but considering the fact that the official sweatshirt is $28 in the one store I went in to, I'm considering this quite a savings. I ordered the stamp from thestampmaker.com.

Last edited by mummiedearest on Sat, Aug 24 2013, 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nicole

Post Sat, Aug 24 2013, 9:37 pm
can I ask where you found $5 polo shirts?

mummiedearest

Post Sat, Aug 24 2013, 9:42 pm
cookieskids.com

however, my dd is a small size. bigger sizes cost more. their prices are pretty reasonable compared to yeshiva uniform distributers, though.

Nicole

Post Sun, Aug 25 2013, 10:43 pm
oh that's funny. I was sure I had found the cheapest shirts- I also got from cookieskids. I guess my daughter's size is considered bigger. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics