Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Brushing teeth and cutting nails..advice?

werty

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 10:29 am
how do you brush a toddler's teeth who screammms and kicks and clenches his teeth so you can't get anywhere?? I tried letting him hold the brush with me, doesn't help
and he also refuses to let me cut his nails. kicks and yells. so I tried to do it by force but then it's likely Ill hurt him so I gave up. I hope I didn't hurt him already - maybe he's traumatised?
his nails are as long as the galus and I dont know what to do Sad

any advice appreciated. TIA

bananasplit

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 10:35 am
No advice about brushing teeth cause me toddler is the same way. Sometimes I tell him there is something stuck in his teeth which helps or that 1st its his turn then mommy's turn but he is at the age where he wants to do everything himself. You can try cutting nails when your son is asleep or giving a toy or playing a game / you tube clip in your phone while you cut his nails. Good luck!

werty

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 12:11 pm
thanks. maybe ill try the sleeping idea, though he's a very light sleeper so im not hopeful. any other tips out there?

werty

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 12:13 pm
btw I don't know why this is in this forum. how do you move it?

mummy-bh

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 3:15 pm
We used to play games.

My kids loved for me to 'find' all the foods that they had eaten that day, and clean them away "oh look! I see a bit of the cereal you had for breakfast! And here's a bit of your apple!" They liked reminding me when I forgot something, too.

You can try letting your child brush your teeth. S/he could brush his/her own teeth in front of a mirror.

Make a big deal about counting the teeth, and then cleaning each one. Make up a silly song, to be sung only at tooth-brushing time.

(I have no advice about nail cutting, I'm afraid. One of my worst jobs ever Smile )

Lady Bug

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 3:36 pm
I skip brushing the teeth, I don't think the fight is worth it.

For cutting the nails, I either do it in her sleep, or she gets a chocolate chip for each nail that I cut.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries