Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I hate playing on everyones guilt

amother

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 11:25 am
I just want to put this out there. I have a business and unfortunately many owing customers. You can try and chase your money all year and if falls on deaf ears but somehow I learned that the best time to call is erev rosh hashana and I hate doing that! Why is it that all year people dont care and as soon as judgement day comes closer everyone shakes up?!

mandr

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 11:33 am
amother wrote:
I just want to put this out there. I have a business and unfortunately many owing customers. You can try and chase your money all year and if falls on deaf ears but somehow I learned that the best time to call is erev rosh hashana and I hate doing that! Why is it that all year people dont care and as soon as judgement day comes closer everyone shakes up?!

Human nature is to worry about stuff only when the impending consequence is right there. Also people procrastinate. Many people didn't buy generators during Hurricane Sandy until they didn't have power and there was a run on the market.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 11:39 am
Thank goodness for Rosh hashana, otherwise I guess I would never see my money?

Liba

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 11:42 am
You are just facilitating their tshuva.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 11:48 am
I wish it would help. Somebody owes my husband more than 20k for the past few years. I cannot afford to buy my kids new Yom tov robes every season that costs upward of 75 dollars apiece. And his kids are all in this years clothing. With my money. When I call and ask him for it he says he cannot afford to make a payment plan of 200 a month.
I told him that there is no need to daven to HaShem for forgiveness when I go to sleep every night thinking of how I will make my next tuition payment. I simply don't forgive the heartache and stress he causes in my life.
And do you really think it helped? NOPE.
so be happy it works for you

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 11:52 am
amother wrote:
I wish it would help. Somebody owes my husband more than 20k for the past few years. I cannot afford to buy my kids new Yom tov robes every season that costs upward of 75 dollars apiece. And his kids are all in this years clothing. With my money. When I call and ask him for it he says he cannot afford to make a payment plan of 200 a month.
I told him that there is no need to daven to HaShem for forgiveness when I go to sleep every night thinking of how I will make my next tuition payment. I simply don't forgive the heartache and stress he causes in my life.
And do you really think it helped? NOPE.
so be happy it works for you

Why can't you take them to court ?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 2:34 pm
My husband hardly lets me call him for the money, you still want me to take him to court?

I don't want to take him to court. I just want him to acknowledge the fact that he owes me the money and see that he cares a bit. Like I said, 200 dollars a month will not make a big enough dent in the original amount but it will show that he cares enough that he is starting to repay it. Meanwhile, I have to borrow money to pay for my kids tuition, while he is getting a free ride on my money.

Rosh Hashana or no Rosh Hashana, I have a really bad heart against him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics