Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Mortgage in Israel - Self-Employed

myname1

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 11:10 am
I am trying to get a mortgage in Israel. We have a down payment of over 50% and are trying to get only a 10-year mortgage. We shouldn't have a problem making the monthly payments (IY"H). The issue is I don't have any proof that I will have a monthly income- that is a slight issue for me, but more so for the bank. I usually get a contract about a month in advance, and have been getting contracts steadily throughout the year. But that's not enough for the bank it seems. What have other self-employed people done? I can't give them proof of income that I don't have. I also tried explaining other employment options I could have if I don't get a new contract. Should I try other banks, or will they all give me problems about this? We are going through a broker, but he doesn't understand English (so my contracts and bank statements are Gibberish to him) and hasn't been able to get anywhere with this bank. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 12:02 pm
A good friend of mine is an English speaking assistant to a mortgage company. He can help explain it all to you.

Rabbi Ephraim Schwartz 011-972-50-597-0649

Tell him Yocheved in Seattle sent you!

shabri

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 9:44 pm
You can try first Israel mortgages firstisrael.com. They are all american and can help you in English.

Marion

Post Wed, Sep 04 2013, 12:14 am
Where is your income? Don't you have tax records showing reported income to the tax authorities? That's exactly the same (for this purpose) as having tlushim showing income from an employer.

grace413

Post Wed, Sep 04 2013, 12:21 am
Try Bank Jerusalem. They specialize in this type of thing and they all speak English.

AliG

Post Wed, Sep 04 2013, 3:39 am
http://mortgageisrael.com/show.....eid=1

Try Mortgage Israel - not sure if they can help but worth a try.
Hatzlacha Rabba, Shanah Tovah

AliG

Post Wed, Sep 04 2013, 3:39 am
PS they speak English as well.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 04 2013, 7:01 am
Try aaronkrasner@mortgageisrael.com - english speaking and lots of experience. good luck!

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Sep 04 2013, 9:04 am
we're in the USA but we might be purchasing our first home soon and I asked a realtor about this.

Here, we have Stated Income Loans: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S....._loan

Do you have anything similar in Israel? A type of loan where you don't need to show proof of income and they just...... trust you? (amazing, eh?)

Shanah tovah!

Marion

Post Sat, Sep 07 2013, 1:45 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
we're in the USA but we might be purchasing our first home soon and I asked a realtor about this.

Here, we have Stated Income Loans: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S....._loan

Do you have anything similar in Israel? A type of loan where you don't need to show proof of income and they just...... trust you? (amazing, eh?)

Shanah tovah!

Yeah, right. No, we don't.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics