Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Which Sukkah would you buy for a porch thats 4 1/2' X 9'?

Mevater

Post Fri, Aug 30 2013, 5:34 pm
We had a green fiberglass Sukkah for many years that got holes and just got rid of it when we painted the porch railing. It lasted a long time. The Sukkah is on an unused back porch so it can be up all year (we take off the Schach). We can either get a canvas Sukkah that doesnt last that long or buy something more permanent. We had a Shlock built that was hard to open and close so we just got rid of it and the rain comes in.

My husband isnt handy. The less we have to do the better. Is there an inexpensive way to do a Shlock thats user friendly without doing an expensive canvas awning?

Which Sukkah should we buy and where should we buy it?

THANKS!

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Aug 31 2013, 8:29 pm
the 2 times we live in apts, we had a sukkah custom made. it's late for this year, tho

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Sep 01 2013, 12:47 am
I am not good with measurements or sizes, Id have to ask dh but we make a succah on our small front porch, it does have to come down each year though but we bought the blue thick sheets (can't remember what they are called, dh calls them shlock) and he staples them to a few wooden pillars tied to the railing. Schach and only laminated decorations and its so nice Smile

Mevater

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 10:42 am
At this point I cant have anything made. Its either a Leiter's Sukkah or the Sukkah Depot Sukkah. Are there other options? Is anyone clear on the pros and cons?

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 11:53 am
Where do you live? If you live near lakewood I can tell you where to go.
Brooklyn has plenty of places that can help you. It's not too late yet!

Mevater

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 11:59 am
I live in Brooklyn.

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 12:06 pm
http://www.sukka.net/PageTempl.....Id=59

I was checking on the price for you and filling in the form for the agent to call

you take over now.. good luck!

Mevater

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 9:43 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
http://www.sukka.net/PageTemplates/PanelOnly.aspx?PageId=59

I was checking on the price for you and filling in the form for the agent to call

you take over now.. good luck!
Thanks, but I did research today. I was told that the wood or wood/flakeboard Panel Sukkahs, which are ALMOST the strongest Sukkahs around, are second in strength and durability to Fiberglass panels. I was told that if I want to leave the Sukkah up all year, Fiberglass is the best. Wood/Flakeboard will crumble with time. As far as I know, only Leiter's makes Fiberglass panel Sukkahs. Please tell me if Im wrong. Thanks.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 12:03 am
Fiberglass IS the best if you keep the sukkah up all year round.

losingweight

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 12:26 am
Our porch is about the same size. We have a fiberglass sukkah that we don't take down. The mistake we made is that we didn't buy a window panel for another 150 and if it't warm outside the sukkah gets really hot.

Mevater

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 1:37 am
Is there anyone besides Leiters who makes fiberglass Sukkahs?

Mevater

Post Sun, Sep 08 2013, 10:53 am
Which places in Brooklyn sell Fiberglass Sukkahs? Only Leiter?

Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries