Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Why is the Ongoing Story not ongoing?

Why is the Ongoing Story not ongoing?
I'm too busy to write, but I would if I could  
 18%  [ 3 ]
I don't like the story (please elaborate why)  
 18%  [ 3 ]
I don't like to write, but I like to read it  
 37%  [ 6 ]
No one cares; we have real-life problems / drama  
 25%  [ 4 ]
I'm afraid of the Comments I'll get if I write  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

agreer

Post Sun, Sep 08 2013, 10:29 pm
Why is our Ongoing Story stuck?

As for me, I am not so crazy about the plot, and I feel it's really slow. I wanted to make it full of drama, but other writers didn't go for that idea.

I loved the idea of the ongoing story. I'm kinda sad it's so stuck.

I have contributed, but I don't want to write every fourth entry...

Any thoughts/ideas?

singleagain

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 12:04 am
ok, so I voted that I didn't like the story, and I'll elaborate since you asked.

I've just read the thread for the first time today, and here's what I saw, there were some continuity errors, (chaya is also newlywed or married several months? Ariella is working or stay at home? They shopped together or she did it alone?) There are too many characters, and their personalities change form post to post, and there are too many threads with these characters. We have Shira the friend who hasn't been seen in a few posts. Miri the sister, and the rest of Ariella's family... where are they... story-lines, keep getting left behind. (what happened to Ariella not feeling good enough for Moshe) And the characters are not really fleshed out.

I think something like this could work, if we had an outline, or at least a list of characters a description and their overall arc in the story

singleagain

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 12:19 am
I just noticed now there was a comments thread for the ongoing story... so I understand the continuity, stuff now, and I see people are trying to work, one keeping track of the characters and such, but I still think that there are too many story lines and plots that aren't getting enough attention...

June

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 5:29 am
well things are kind of busy now with the chagim and all.

I am the one who put in that crazy unrealistic plot turn. I thought there were too many characters, so I wanted to turn the focus onto one main character and have all the other characters be peripheral. if someone doesn't like the way the story is going, they can post a chapter and bring it in a totally different direction.

I love writing and I think this is really fun. come on, ladies, let's get it going again!

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 12:13 am
I think it's fun and like it. I have been busy/preoccupied so I chose that as the main reason. I also have a bit of a hard time keeping track, I do think that a good story needs to have more things going on but with different people contributing it's hard to pick up where they left off because you need to read into their posts enough to get it really straight.

I'm not bothered by plotlines "disappearing" because I don't think the story has been going on long enough to consider them "lost." It's normal to put something or someone on the back burner for a few pages, in a book. Also, since the drama started, the spotlight has been on Ariella so it would have been weird to stick in a lot of other unrelated people. Though I did have in mind a little chapter about Shira that could be slipped in now (meanwhile, on the other side of town...?) but I just haven't had time to write. Life's been so hectic, and if I have time to write I certainly don't have time to also check against all the previous posts to make sure I'm being consistent... we need a master list of everything going on (things like where people live and their professions...)

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 12:14 am
As for not wanting to write every fourth entry, when you toss out a teaser/cliffhanger, we like to kind of assume you have something in mind, so we wait for it Wink sorry! At least that's what I'm thinking?

June

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 4:22 am
seeker wrote:
As for not wanting to write every fourth entry, when you toss out a teaser/cliffhanger, we like to kind of assume you have something in mind, so we wait for it Wink sorry! At least that's what I'm thinking?

yes! realeez - you put in that mysterious message from the injured husband... please, please continue!

realeez

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 7:22 am
Lol! Now I have to pick one of my ideas Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club