Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Deal-savvy? Can you help me plan sunday

amother

Post Fri, Sep 13 2013, 2:49 am
I need to plan amazing trip/hotel sleepover this sunday. It's husbands bday nd only day I'm off to do something with him. I'd love to rent car and just ride the country but I don't have high enough credit limit for the "collateral charge" they need to put on it. Anyone who can find good deals, good planner who can make an agenda to make this day memorable? Just hubby and I with about $100 (whatever the rate in shekels is) budget. TIA!

amother

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 7:27 am
PLEASE!? SOMEONE!! We are just sitting in our stuffy apartment googling and googling to no avail Sad. wasting our only day together Sad!

Sudy

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 7:46 am
Where are you?

deena19k

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 7:52 am
What type of stuff do u guys enjoy? Hikes? Museums? Restaurants?
With 400 shekel, you definitely wont be able to go overnight. Which area do you live in?

Heyaaa

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 7:55 am
If you're in jerusalem/gush etzion you could do couples massage and dinner by ramat Rachel. Don't know what their sleeping rates are but maybe even that too. If that's your thing....

Tamiri

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 7:55 am
amother wrote:
I need to plan amazing trip/hotel sleepover this sunday. It's husbands bday nd only day I'm off to do something with him. I'd love to rent car and just ride the country but I don't have high enough credit limit for the "collateral charge" they need to put on it. Anyone who can find good deals, good planner who can make an agenda to make this day memorable? Just hubby and I with about $100 (whatever the rate in shekels is) budget. TIA!
A car will probably run you minimum ~140 nis, and then there's the gas. You are looking at spending 250 nis even before you start to have fun... is there a way to rethink? Stay close to home, without the car, and do something nice?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 8:03 am
Heyaaa wrote:
If you're in jerusalem/gush etzion you could do couples massage and dinner by ramat Rachel. Don't know what their sleeping rates are but maybe even that too. If that's your thing....
Im not the OP, but can I ask who does couples massage in the Gush? I live in the gush and never heard of anyone doing this. It is such a nice idea.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 8:06 am
Thanks for the responses. We're in the Gush area but want to get out...obviously with so little time left in the day cant be anywhere too far but even like fun arcade (is there such thing besides talpiyot...little too- "loud" there to bring my husband....and then nice supper. Wheres a nice place for dinner that has some sort of attraction in the area?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 8:09 am
amother wrote:
Thanks for the responses. We're in the Gush area but want to get out...obviously with so little time left in the day cant be anywhere too far but even like fun arcade (is there such thing besides talpiyot...little too- "loud" there to bring my husband....and then nice supper. Wheres a nice place for dinner that has some sort of attraction in the area?
If you just want a nice supper (but you need a car for this) there is always gavna, in bat ayin. It has a lovely ambiance. My husband and I have gone there together and it has always been a wonderful date Smile

Other than that, there are no real "attractions" in the Gush. You would have to go into town for dinner and something.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 8:11 am
We'd be willing to go to Yerushalayim and it'd be so great if we could go overnight...we need somewhere to eat that is either Machfud, Bedatz, Rubin, Landau, Belz, Kehillos....anyone. quick! wanna make the next bus!

shalhevet

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 8:12 am
Go on a picnic to a nice park in a different town.
Drive to one of the KKL forests, take a picnic (barbeque if that's your thing) and find a quiet spot.
Go to an interesting museum (though it's probably too late for that now) and find a nice restaurant nearby (e.g. Science Museums in Haifa, Jerusalem, or Rechovot; Beit Hatefutzot in TA)
Walk around Akko, Yaffo, interesting neighbourhoods in Yerushalayim.
View the sea from central Haifa promenade.

You don't say where you are or what you enjoy, so it's hard to be more specific.
Also, I hope you aren't serious that you didn't try and come up with ideas yourself and relied on imamother on erev YK (not exactly the time people are thinking of trips). Too bad you waited till so late in the day. Sad

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 8:14 am
shalhevet wrote:
Drive to one of the KKL forests, take a picnic (barbeque if that's your thing) and find a quiet spot.
Go to an interesting museum (though it's probably too late for that now) and find a nice restaurant nearby (e.g. Science Museums in Haifa, Jerusalem, or Rechovot; Beit Hatefutzot in TA)

You don't say where you are or what you enjoy, so it's hard to be more specific.
Also, I hope you aren't serious that you didn't try and come up with ideas yourself and relied on imamother on erev YK (not exactly the time people are thinking of trips). Too bad you waited till so late in the day. Sad
She said they are in the gush area with no car.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 8:47 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
shalhevet wrote:

She said they are in the gush area with no car.

She wrote that while I was writing and I only saw that after I posted.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions