Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Yt friendly oven

Leahh

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 7:26 pm
I need to buy a new oven but I want one that can be adjusted on yt. Anyone have a relatively new oven that you are allowed to adjust on yt without halachik problems?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 7:31 pm
Leahh wrote:
I need to buy a new oven but I want one that can be adjusted on yt. Anyone have a relatively new oven that you are allowed to adjust on yt without halachik problems?

If you go to the Star-K website, you'll find a list of ovens they certify and info on others at well.

However, please note that while they hold the ovens can be adjusted on YT, almost all other Poskim hold that these ovens CANNOT be adjust on YT.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 7:53 pm
I have a GE. Works for me.

Leahh

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 8:05 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:

Do you know the model?

Barbara

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 8:57 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Leahh wrote:

If you go to the Star-K website, you'll find a list of ovens they certify and info on others at well.

However, please note that while they hold the ovens can be adjusted on YT, almost all other Poskim hold that these ovens CANNOT be adjust on YT.

WADR, never rely on Rav Imamother, to say anything is allowed or not. Because I would say that almost all Poskim allow you to adjust the temperature on Yom Tov. OP, you can solve this by asking your own rav.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 9:12 pm
Leahh wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:

Do you know the model?

I think it's JGBS23SEMSS. It's a few years old.

Leahh

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 9:32 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
Leahh wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:

Do you know the model?

I think it's JGBS23SEMSS. It's a few years old.

Thanks
That model is no longer available.

Barbara

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 9:47 am
Leahh wrote:

My wonderful and much beloved oven:

http://products.geappliances.c.....SETSS

Leahh

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 10:28 am
Barbara wrote:
Leahh wrote:

The baking drawer is electric or gas? I saw an oven like this but although the baking drawer has a non-electric knob, the heating element is electric. Therefore its not adjustable on yt.

Barbara

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 10:31 am
Leahh wrote:
Barbara wrote:
Leahh wrote:

The baking drawer is electric or gas? I saw an oven like this but although the baking drawer has a non-electric knob, the heating element is electric. Therefore its not adjustable on yt.

The baking drawer is electric. I would think that you could adjust the temperature when the heating element is already on, but to be honest, we don't use it other than as a warming drawer, so we never adjust the temperature. The upper oven has Shabbat mode.

Leahh

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 10:32 am
Barbara wrote:
Leahh wrote:
Barbara wrote:
Leahh wrote:

The baking drawer is electric. I would think that you could adjust the temperature when the heating element is already on, but to be honest, we don't use it other than as a warming drawer, so we never adjust the temperature. The upper oven has Shabbat mode.

Thank you
I will look into it.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 11:45 am
I don't know if every oven with shabbat mode is also YT compatible. Make sure to check that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen