Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Proud of my boys :)

momX4

Post Wed, Sep 18 2013, 12:58 am
I took my kids grocery shopping today.

My boys were getting antsy at the checkout counter. Since I was having the stuff delivered I asked DSs ( age 7 &8) to push the wagon outside. They came back right away and told me a guy offered them a box drink and they ran away. I asked what the guy was wearing, they said regular clothing. The cashier overheard and told us that the store is giving out box drinks to the kids today.

As I left the store the boys showed me the guy. I approached him and asked him if he works here. He said yes. I told him what my kids told me and asked how were they to know you are an employee. (This store has uniforms for most employees). They guy points to his radio clipped onto his belt Confused

Anyway, I am so proud of my boys. I have told them if anyone offers them anything they are to run. My boys listened and ran.

Oh, and yes they did get the box drink.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 18 2013, 1:06 am
Way to go mom, and way to go kids! Very Happy

If I were you, I'd take them out for ice cream afterward, and a big scoop for yourself, too.

Ice cream Ice cream Ice cream

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 18 2013, 9:06 am
sounds like your boys are smart ... now why the store isn't as smart to make sure the man has some sort of store sign in front of a stand or uniform which would make it obvious is the question ...

flowerpower

Post Wed, Sep 18 2013, 9:14 am
Thats a great thing!!!! Many kids would fall for it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children