Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Baby wearing

Ay Jay Jay

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 2:12 am
I know that I plan to wear my baby and am looking for something that is CONVENIENT and COMFORTABLE. My two requirements for all baby products. I have heard good things about the Moby wrap, but that it is tight and difficult to wrap and that other wraps are better. Is wrapping the way to go for a newborn? Recommendations needed, since I am a first time mother who knows NOTHING about baby wearing.

Don't really even know where to start. Thank you all!

ray family

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 5:14 am
I'm new to babywearing myself, I like strechy wraps for newborns cuz I find them more comfortable than ssc. I bought a baby k'tan which is easier to wear than one of the long wraps. I don't have the money to invest in a woven but I hear that they're amazing.
if you do go w/ an ssc try boba or beco- they were more comfortable (for me) than the very popular ergo.
I would find a local babywearing group and try different types until you can find what works for you

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 3:28 pm
How long are you planning on wearing your baby for? A stretchy wrap like a Moby is super easy to use for a newborn because you can stretch it to "pop" the baby in once it's already tied, but it won't last you long as the stretchiness will cause it to sag with heavier babies. A stretch hybrid by GypsyMama/Wrapsody will take care of that issue since it only stretches one way and is great if it's the only wrap you will ever use and you want the poppability. Wovens last longer -- until toddlerhood and beyond, but can be more daunting for new wearers.

A mei tai is a great option for something that is versatile for all ages and sizes and without a huge learning curve. It's worn like a buckle carrier with shoulder straps and waist straps, but it ties instead of buckles which I find easier, and it takes up a lot less space both on your body as well as storing/packing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics