Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Which bank has best online banking and free account?

mommy of boys

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 7:56 pm
I have all my accounts by chase and I think they are the best, but they're not free.
Can anyone reccomend a bank that's free and also has online banking? (as I use that allot)

Thanks!

sayinghi

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 8:03 pm
Cab you set up direct deposit? That should waive the fee.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 8:05 pm
You pay for a bank account? Dh and I have accounts in 4 banks and the only thing we pay the banks are credit card bills.

gp2.0

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 8:07 pm
Capital one has free checking with a minimum of $300. Haven't found anything better than that yet...

amother

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 8:24 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Capital one has free checking with a minimum of $300. Haven't found anything better than that yet...
same amother as above
thats a minimum balance, not a fee.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 8:55 pm
Astoria Federal has free banking.
But Chase has the best online banking.

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 10:42 pm
amother wrote:
gp2.0 wrote:
same amother as above

Most free accounts are only free as long as you maintain a balance. 300 is pretty low. I think Chase is only free if your balance is something like 15,000, though I don't remember exactly.

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 10:44 pm
Orange had a great reputation for free online banking, iirc. They changed and are not called Orange anymore and I'm not sure if their service changed as well but it might be worth looking into.

mamaleh

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 11:24 pm
TDBank has free with $100 minimum balance. I'm happy with their online banking.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 11:27 pm
We use PNC. It's free and we only use it online really (we live in Israel).

groisamomma

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 5:35 am
We are happier with our TD account than our Bank of America account where customer service stinks.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 8:46 am
seeker wrote:
amother wrote:
gp2.0 wrote:
same amother as above

Most free accounts are only free as long as you maintain a balance. 300 is pretty low. I think Chase is only free if your balance is something like 15,000, though I don't remember exactly.
I still dont get it.
A fee is if you have to give them money every month. But in this case you can keep the same 300 or 1500 in the account forever. So just keep the minimum balance in the account and there are no fees.

nylon

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 9:02 am
I also use PNC and love their online banking but there is a direct-deposit requirement.

devo1982

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 6:07 pm
seeker wrote:
Orange had a great reputation for free online banking, iirc. They changed and are not called Orange anymore and I'm not sure if their service changed as well but it might be worth looking into.

Orange became CapitalOne Direct, but I actually switched over to Ally because it offers us better rates for online savings. They also have great customer service.

TDBank, as others have said, has a $100 minimum daily balance. I ran away from Bank of America when they told me I had to maintain a $1500 average daily balance over a month to avoid having maintenance fees deducted. It was stressful trying to maintain that balance for the month and a half that we tried, so I went to TD and never looked back. That being said, TD's online banking is not the best, but I'll take it.

Maya

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 6:11 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Astoria Federal has free banking.
But Chase has the best online banking.

Agree with the bolded.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 6:57 pm
What's so amazing about chase? Curious what you all mean. I have accounts with chase, capital one and orange and they're all equally easy to navigate.

The one difference I noticed about chase is that it automatically connected all my accounts without me having to set it up manually. But anyway, once it's set up it stays that way, so not really a big deal.

I totally forgot about orange, now owned by capital one. I think their checking is still totally free and they may even have the picture deposits option for checks lower than $3000 or so. Plus now and then they'll give you free money to open an account.

Maya

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 7:26 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
What's so amazing about chase? Curious what you all mean. I have accounts with chase, capital one and orange and they're all equally easy to navigate.

Does anyone else offer deposit of checks with just a picture taken on a phone and uploaded to their app? Or something like the QuickPay feature? I find that I can do everything I need to with my iPhone app, and I have heard that most other banks don't offer these services.

questioner

Post Wed, Oct 02 2013, 8:06 am
I'm happy with Sovereign. The online banking isn't the most sophisticated, but it has basic bill-paying and viewing history. I stick with them because they provide free paper checks and I still use those.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics