Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
To those of you who religiously get manicures/DIY- Question

soproud

Post Sat, Oct 05 2013, 7:05 pm
How do you get your manicures to last? I do 'em myself and after a couple days of washing dishes etc. it's already peeling and time to come off. Last time I did it, I didn't have time to do a clear top coat, maybe that's why. Or maybe my nail polish isn't good quality, or both. I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm just wondering if any of you have tips and product suggestions for me.
Thanks.
(I'm not on imamother often so I'll respond to posts when I'm next online.)

Heyaaa

Post Sat, Oct 05 2013, 7:09 pm
Even with the most professional mani, as long as you're using acrylic the polish will crack from doing dishes. Also the top coat would help.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Oct 05 2013, 7:30 pm
Wear gloves when doing laundry or dishes. And never skip a top coat; you can add a new one every other day actually.

granolamom

Post Sat, Oct 05 2013, 9:04 pm
when I get a mani, it usually last me about 5 days. I wear gloves when washing dishes.
when I do my nails myself, it lasts about 3 or maybe 4 days. I use a base coat and a good topcoat.
I also use a light shade of polish so the imperfections and chips dont show so much.

SingALong

Post Sat, Oct 05 2013, 9:44 pm
The only time my polish lasts thru dishwashing is if I get a gel manicure. It costs more and takes longer but it lasts a solid 2 weeks without chipping or peeling.

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Oct 06 2013, 6:52 am
Ask someone else (children, DH, dishwasher, housekeeper) to do the dishes. Simple and elegant solution.

soproud

Post Mon, Oct 07 2013, 10:11 pm
Thanks for the ideas. Mrs. Bissli, I like yours best Wink but not so practical for me unfortunately. We'll see how this goes next time around.

bookish

Post Wed, Oct 09 2013, 4:20 pm
Even with the best manicure, my nails only last at most a week, and that's only if I wear gloves while doing dishes and in the shower. Also, I have found that the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polish will last longer than any other polish I have when I do it myself (and you don't even need a top coat!).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics