Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bris: What I wish I had known before...
Previous  1  2  3

tsiggelle

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 10:33 am
Ruchel wrote:
greenfire wrote:
if you cry at the bris - you'll be sure to cry at the bar-mitzva ...

now - curious are you any wiser than yesterday ?!

I don't think so. BH bar mitsva isn't scary or stressing like a bris.

Emotional in another way.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 10:42 am
I cried out of stress after the bris.
I didn't cry at my engagement or wedding.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 17 2013, 10:25 am
Hi everyone- OP here.
Thank you all for your replies and advice. Some things were really helpful! The bris was beautiful, bH, and I am SO glad it's over! I'm not really a crier by nature (even when hormonal), so I didn't cry when they were doing the bris, though I was shaking like crazy. We named our baby after 2 very special people whom I was very close to and when the people who knew those men the best came over to me to give me a hug, I did cry then- just keep that in mind for the future- this is definitely an emotional event!
As far as the bandages, for anyone who is interested- our mohel was a relatively new one and he uses a very interesting medication (no idea what it's called, but I can find out for anyone interested) which basically stops the bleeding immediately. It's gaining popularity, according to a VERY experienced mohel, and we were told to change the gauze by every diaper changing, so it's not totally nuts to be doing that. In addition, after the first 2 or 3 diapers, they were really not bloody at all. The most traumatizing thing for us now is getting sprayed every time we change him- that is an adjustment, though we are getting quicker and have come up with strategies to avoid that too! We would be happy to recommend our mohel to anyone interested, we live in queens but I'm sure he does brissim in the NY area. I could PM anyone interested in his name.
Thanks again for your responses, and may you all be zoche to such simchadik occasions in the future!

amother

Post Thu, Oct 17 2013, 12:06 pm
Thanks for the update, OP. Much nachas and an easy speedy recovery to all!

amother

Post Thu, Oct 17 2013, 12:19 pm
amother wrote:
I would ask the mohel to return after a few days to check on the baby. Rabbi fischer did not want to

Rabbi Fischer from Monsey? That's not the experience I had, and we don't even live in Monsey, he drove a good half hour to check on the baby.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics