Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Kosher Gameboy Games?

withhumor

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 6:14 pm
Does anyone have names of games that are kosher? I’m talking about good old fashioned tetris and titles like that. After reviewing six new games that I purchased, I was shocked to find words and phrases that are so not what I want my kids to hear. Mothers beware, I you cannot avoid owning a gameboy (because the whole block has one) make sure you become gameboy savvy and play that game until the end. You won’t believe the garbage that’s in there.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Aug 09 2006, 7:48 pm
I think stuff like Mario/Wario is totally ok, and most games that are for children (as opposed to more mature stuff or games marked "above 12 years" and so on).

momof6

Post Wed, Aug 09 2006, 8:52 pm
We banned gameboy in my house. What value does it have? What does it do for children, besides waste time? Let them read, draw, play outside, daydream....

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Aug 09 2006, 9:19 pm
Leapfrog came out with something called a Leapster..

It's awesome, only learning games! On long trips, it's a life saver!

ssbarnes

Post Sun, Aug 20 2006, 5:51 pm
I found the 'cheap' gameboy games to be approriate, by our family standard, for our boys to play.

Our boys received the gameboys as gifts from my father. We keep them in my husband's desk and they are only used when we take a road trip in excess of 3 hours.

-Dena

tulips

Post Wed, Aug 30 2006, 1:30 am
Some kosher disks: Dr. Mario/Puzzle League (addictive!)
PacMan
Care Bears
Games, such as Risk, Battleship, Sorry, Scrabble, etc.
Yoshi's Island (an all-time favorite!)

Hey, if you can get to Costco and buy your disks there, you can do what we do. I buy two disks, return them 6 months later and take 2 other disks. Their return policy allows for this.....

Enjoy!

momof6

Post Thu, Aug 31 2006, 9:04 am
Isn't that against halacha? I would be afraid of a chilul Hashem

lucky

Post Fri, Sep 01 2006, 6:43 am
I have many game boys. I get them used on ebay. The only one I got brand new was when I was on bedrest and was going off my mind.
I do not let my kids play with it only on Chol Hamoed, Shushan purim, if a child is home from school not feeling well, In short, It is only used when there is nothing else to do. I have Wario and mario, tetris, and some others, but they all seem relatively clean.

I just got the game and watch gallery. it has the games we played on timeouts when I was a kid. Fireman, octopus, oil spill, chef, you can even play it in old mode (not like the reg. gameboys) It bought back soo many memories.

ny21

Post Mon, Jan 29 2007, 8:27 pm
gameboy has a bowling game

ny21

Post Mon, Jan 29 2007, 8:33 pm
pokey man

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 29 2007, 8:51 pm
crash bandicoot - but I think its on playstation
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children