Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Anyone here do NER L'ELEF?

amother

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 3:36 am
Anyone here do ner l'elef going to america from israel? the kiruv/chinuch program? I have some questions.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 3:46 am
specifically ner lelef? my husband did or lagolah if that helps.

catonmylap

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 3:50 am
We did Amiel which was partnered with Ner L'elef.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 3:59 am
Are you planning on going backto america, or are you being placed in israel?

greentiger

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 4:00 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:

Mine too.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 4:04 am
greentiger wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:

Mine too.
when did he do or lagolah? my husband just finished last year.

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 4:20 am
I think my nephew did Ner L'Elef. Was considering going to the States but decided to stay here for now.

HooRYou

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 4:32 am
We didn't do Ner L'Elef but we know people who have and I know the people who run it.

It is my understanding that they mostly place people in CHU"L. I know people who have stayed but I think they found their own places. This is probably for the English speakers program. It could be different in a Hebrew speakers program.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 4:40 am
well, we are planning on going back and part of the reason we are doing ner lelef is because of the placement (the other part is the money, and also cuz of the training/classes). I was just wondering how the program works, in terms of what type of places do they send to, how many ppl a year they accept into the program and what the application process is like (we went for the first interviews)- now what?

HooRYou

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 5:20 am
amother pm me. As I said I haven't done the course but I know some of the stuff since I am close with people who work there.

drumjj

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 7:46 am
I did ner lelef three years ago about

amother

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 7:48 am
drumjj wrote:
I did ner lelef three years ago about

do you remember what the application process was about? which track did you do? where did they place you? where you happy with the program? do you mind answering questions/giving info here or would you prefer that I pm you?
tia

drumjj

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 7:58 am
u can pm if u want

greentiger

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 9:08 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
greentiger wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:

Mine too.
when did he do or lagolah? my husband just finished last year.

Started this year.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 10:04 am
we did it and are into our second year in AMerica as a result. After your initial interview, they will contact you and let you know if you are accepted or not. Then you have to sign a "contract". If you want to do kiruv as in college campus, kiruv kollels etc, your best bet is probably the kiruv track. If you want to teach (or rather your husband) the way to go is the chinuch.

The womens programs for each are the same but the mens differ greatly. If you want more info let me know. I'd rather pm it

amother

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 11:59 am
amother wrote:
we did it and are into our second year in AMerica as a result. After your initial interview, they will contact you and let you know if you are accepted or not. Then you have to sign a "contract". If you want to do kiruv as in college campus, kiruv kollels etc, your best bet is probably the kiruv track. If you want to teach (or rather your husband) the way to go is the chinuch.

The womens programs for each are the same but the mens differ greatly. If you want more info let me know. I'd rather pm it

we are interested in kiruv kollel. what is the womens program about? what type of places do they put you? are you happy where you are? which track did you do? we are doing the kiruv track cuz anyways this year they aren't having a chinuch track, only next year.

rkade10

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 7:12 am
Bump! My husband is interested in applying for their chinuch track for next year. Has anyone here done Ner Le'elef? I have a few questions...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions