Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Rubber Ducky Filter

Winner

Post Fri, Nov 01 2013, 7:37 am
I signed up with Rubber Ducky Filter right after the internet asifa last year. I'm generally happy with the way they filter, and for the first few months they were available to open sites (ones that were blocked but didn't need blocking) for me that I needed for work or other things.

HOWEVER for the past 6-9 months I've been trying desperately to get in touch with someone from that company, but NO ONE IS HOME!!!!!!!!! I know their phones are connected to Matzav.com, but the people in that company deny any connection to them. Where have these people disappeared to???

The number they have listed for "customer service" has a message with the same voice as the matzav.com phone number, but the woman claims they have nothing to do with one another. Its also connected to the same system, because if you try pressing "1" or "2" in the middle of the message it goes to matzav.com (for ad sales, for news reporting etc..).

There is no way for me to hack in to get the filter lifted, and I've tried to cancel service numerous times. I've been told the only way for me to do it effectively is to cancel my FiOS and then re-connnect a brand new line, which will cost me lots of $$$.

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions? Who owns this company? There must be a bigger company behind Rubber Ducky - anyone know?

Winner

Post Sat, Nov 02 2013, 7:58 pm
Just an update - I called Verizon and happened to have gotten a very nice tech on the phone. He was able to disable the filter completely at no cost and it took about 10 minutes.

I'm currently very happy about it, and will of course get a new filter. But it occured to me how easy it would be for anyone to bypass this on any computer. Now that I know what to do, I can probably do it again...defeats the purpose of a filter IMO. But I will have to investigate further. Maybe there are other filters that are more fail-proof?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics