Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Am I incapable?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 5:52 pm
Is something wrong with me or is it my kids? One year old twins and one of them do.not.stop. kvetching, crying, whining, pulling my skirt, Asking to be held etc.
He won't play with toys for longer than 30 seconds and they hv tons of toys!
He wasn't always like this, but this whole week already.
He's not hungry, thirsty or tired cuz he's so kvetchy from when he wakes up and even after meals.

I'm NOT handing it! An I find something wrong? I sit down to play with them but he comes climbing on me and doesn't even play.

The house becomes a mess cuz I let him do whatever keeps him quiet. So that makes me a mess cuz I can't stand a messy house.

After all this I hv his twin to tend to as well. Hafta give her the proper attention too etc.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THIS!

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 7:21 pm
Good news! It sounds like nothing is wrong with anyone there!

Some kids get the terrible two's early. They tantrum about everything. It's lots of fun.

If it just started, though, you might want to take him to the doctor to rule out an ear infection or any other reasons for kvetchiness. It could also be teething.

ohnuts!

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 7:33 pm
sounds like he may not be feeling well Hug

amother

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 8:38 pm
Thanks, TWBM! That kinda made me feel good... I'm so tired and exhausted from this day and can't find the strength to clean up the mess!

I was at the Doc earlier on the week cuz he was running a temp. Doc did say his canines are coming... That was Sunday/Monday. He hasn't had fever after that but is acting nudgy etc. is it still his teething?!

I want my delicious albeit mischievous boy back!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 8:41 pm
To me it seems like something is bothering him. Those canines hurt more than other teeth when coming in. Give him tylenol. Once they're sleeping take a good bath or shower and relax. A crying baby can make your head spin.

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 9:37 pm
Definitely sounds like teething then.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 9:52 pm
That's nothing. Just wait until the two year molars come it! At wits end

DD always ran a fever and was HORRIBLE when she was teething, which was so different from her usual sunny, sweet self. I always knew it was teeth, every time.

If you don't have some of these http://www.diapers.com/p/munch.....rd%7D you need to get them ASAP. Put some frozen peas in them, and let him chew on them all day long. If he hates peas, you can try ice chips or frozen corn kernels. The cold will numb his gums and help bring down the temperature at the same time. Having something to suck on will be comforting, too. We went through a dozen or so with DD, and they are worth every penny.

Hatzlocha!

PS: Let the house go for a bit. They'll only be babies for a short time. Clean up while they're napping, or after bedtime.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 10:20 pm
Don't scare me about the 2 year molars... One thing at a time ;-) I had those munchkin things but stored it away with baby stuff already. Is it worth it to go fetch it?

Interesting to note that they say men can't handle pain... I see it in him already! Twin girl got her canines already and yes she was feverish and kvetchy but by far not like him!

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Nov 08 2013, 12:36 am
Please don't stereotype "men this, men that".

His teeth may be larger, and that makes it a worse experience to get them through.

And, as girls grow up faster, his nervous system may be a little more immature than hers is, and therefore work differently, and hurt worse.

Refuah Shleima.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Nov 08 2013, 1:51 am
amother wrote:
Don't scare me about the 2 year molars... One thing at a time ;-) I had those munchkin things but stored it away with baby stuff already. Is it worth it to go fetch it?

Interesting to note that they say men can't handle pain... I see it in him already! Twin girl got her canines already and yes she was feverish and kvetchy but by far not like him!

YES, go get it now! I'm serious, these things will save your sanity.

Pro Tip: When the two year molars come in, give them frozen green beans to gnaw on. They make great finger food, the kids can get them back where the pain is, and it gets veggies into right at the time where they're probably being picky eaters.

I discovered this totally by accident one day. I was in the kitchen fixing dinner, and DD was in her high chair next to me. She kept trying to grab the green bean bag off the counter. Finally, I said "Fine, try it." and handed her a frozen bean. *** instant quiet and a big smile *** I dumped a few more out on her tray for her, and she was the happiest baby ever.

Even now, at age 10, she still likes frozen veggies better than cooked or raw ones.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics