Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Smoke detectors in Israel?

LisaS

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 12:59 pm
I overbaked something with olive oil this morning and the kitchen got all smokey, and then it hit me that we don't have a smoke detector installed. I saw someone selling smoke detectors for 50 nis so I thought of buying a few.

Do you all have smoke detectors in your Israeli homes? If so, where did you install them, and do they go off when you cook?

May we never need them!

luvinlife

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 2:34 pm
can you share who is selling?? are they in jerusalem?? I've been wanting to get one so badly. When ppl sleep they cannot smell smoke..their sense of smell doesn't work so it's so important to have!

lst

Post Sun, Nov 10 2013, 3:52 pm
I have one on the above the door frame right outside the kitchen door. We test every so often and it's never gone off while I was cooking. It's also important to have a fire extinguisher and a carbon monoxide detector.

LisaS

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 2:27 am
Someone on my yishuv is selling a few extra that he has.

1st - is that a good thing that it never goes off when you are cooking? Is it sensitive enough to differentiate between fire smoke and cooking smoke?

lst

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 2:52 am
LisaS wrote:
Someone on my yishuv is selling a few extra that he has.

1st - is that a good thing that it never goes off when you are cooking? Is it sensitive enough to differentiate between fire smoke and cooking smoke?

not sure, I was just answering your question Smile but there is usually smoke when I cook. also, my oven is all the way on the other end of the kitchen and near a very large window.

I have another one up on the ceiling near the bedrooms too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions