Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Malden, MA

amother

Post Fri, Aug 28 2009, 10:57 am
Does anyone know anything about Malden, MA, the Rabbi at the shul there or their home loan incentive program?

I have seen this website: http://www.movetomalden.org/

We are looking for a community that has a reasonable commute to downtown Boston.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Sep 02 2009, 4:16 pm
I have friends in Sharon.

4Sisters

Post Sun, Apr 22 2012, 3:03 pm
Super late in replying, but in case others are wondering:

Lovely, sweet, friendly, small community super close to Boston. "The Affordable Orthodox Community" in Boston (which, please note, does not make it affordable in comparison to, say, Cleveland. But the prices for Boston are GREAT).

I live here. I love it. Come visit!

Liba

Post Sun, Apr 22 2012, 4:05 pm
We almost bought a house there... as in we put down an offer and it was accepted but after the 48 hours they had been given to accept and after we changed out mind.

The rabbi is great, the community then (we are talking 11 years ago) was on the older side. There was no mikvah, which if you have a car is no big deal, but we didn't and weren't going to. Public transportation is okay, the homes were older, there wasn't much in the way of yards and things were expensive.

We ended up in Worcester, MA. It was more affordable, there were yards, the community has a mikvah, and we could afford a car while living there.

The rabbi and his family in Malden are good sweet eirlich people. It is a community worth checking out IMO.

OIF SIMCHAS

Post Sun, Apr 22 2012, 4:06 pm
I work @ a plumbing showroom and the Rebitzin of Malden, Ma was just here picking out plumbing for a mikvah they're building there. She's a wonderful sweet woman and had such nice things to say about the community! Good luck on your move.

Liba

Post Sun, Apr 22 2012, 4:14 pm
OIF SIMCHAS wrote:
I work @ a plumbing showroom and the Rebitzin of Malden, Ma was just here picking out plumbing for a mikvah they're building there. She's a wonderful sweet woman and had such nice things to say about the community! Good luck on your move.

That is wonderful news!! I am so so happy for them!!

amother

Post Sun, Apr 22 2012, 5:08 pm
I know the rav and rebbetzin- they are very nice people!...we dont live there but we go quite often and enjoy it..the mikvah is amosdt complete and there is an eiruv as well..while many people are older there have been a decent number of young families that have moved in a dn there are more little kids at shul each time I go Smile

4Sisters

Post Tue, Apr 24 2012, 11:32 pm
http://maldenmikvah.org/ is the link to see what's going on w. the mikvah project (oops--just checked and it looks like it hasn't been updated in a while). But, anyway, also a link to make a donation, if you're so inclined Smile

Hi Liba! You were before my time in Malden, but I think we know each other from Dr. L's in Brookline!

For those w/o cars: Malden is right on the Orange Line of the "T" (Boston's subway system). There are also Zipcar Rentals (cars by the hour) at the T station, which is two blocks from the shul.

Shendellah

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 2:59 pm
I have a 2 year old and expecting a 2nd in a few months - what is the family life like in Malden? Are there many other young families there?

4Sisters

Post Fri, Apr 05 2013, 6:14 pm
Shendellah: you'd fit right in! Come for Shabbos and check it out. B''H, we're still a small community, but more babies every year Smile

Yocheved84

Post Sat, Apr 06 2013, 6:41 pm
I had no idea there was a growing community in Malden! Interesting thread to come across! (I was in Somerville with DH working in Malden for two years and had no idea) Smile

amother

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 9:22 pm
B''H the mikvah opened for business last night!

yaelinIN

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 11:03 pm
Mazel tov! May the "dunks" be plentiful and warm!

-from an admirer of the community

Yocheved84

Post Fri, Nov 15 2013, 5:49 am
amother wrote:
B''H the mikvah opened for business last night!

It it walking distance from the orange line?

amother

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 9:53 pm
YUP! It's in the shul which is just 2-3 blocks from the Malden Center T stop!
http://maldenmikvah.org/

4Sisters

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 10:22 pm
Actually, this is a better link, as the one above has not been updated since the big inauguration of the mikvah last week

http://www.bethisraelmalden.org/mikvah/

Hope to see some imamothers there Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating