Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift ideas for a man who was everything

lizard8

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 8:48 pm
I'm looking for a really nice gift for dh for anniversary/Chanukah. He has all the basic electronics, doesn't like useless gifts, had plenty of ties, has beautiful cufflinks...Can someone help me with ideas?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 8:59 pm
Toolbox? Also sometjing cool I saw recently was cufflinks that are WiFi hub/USB drive . could be great gift for someone Whos into that kinda thing. Red envelope (website) has interesting things.

oatmealcookies

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 9:01 pm
I am getting my husband a pair of leather gloves. Last year I got him ugg slippers.

singleagain

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 10:38 pm
Does dh have a hobby.... Like my dad likes scotch, so I'd get him either a really nice bottle or a book abt different kinds of scotch ..... If dh has a hobby, get him something related to that hobby.

Blue jay

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 11:17 pm
a nice warm hat,

creature comforts like coffee mug, or a snuggie I think they are called you know the blanket that turns into a robe.
Slippers
pajamas

a gift certificate for 2 at Dougies restaurant Very Happy

Ruchel

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 7:55 am
I have the same "problem" (bh! may we never have something worse to deal with).
I buy yet another cufflink/belt/shirt/suit, or ask him.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Nov 18 2013, 9:39 am
Nice shirt with his name on the cuff
extra charger for work
phone cover
challah cover
valet for bedroom

m+m

Post Wed, Nov 20 2013, 3:30 pm
Scarf
Nice pen

Maya

Post Wed, Nov 20 2013, 3:36 pm
Books

Beyla

Post Wed, Nov 20 2013, 3:55 pm
Seforim?
A nice pen?
A new hat?
A briefcase?

amother

Post Wed, Nov 20 2013, 4:49 pm
How about a nice leather tfillin bag? If he doesnt have one yet, check out judaicaleather.com. They have sample pictures but you can design your own and put a monogram too. My dh ha a bag from them. He loves it.

abby1776

Post Wed, Nov 20 2013, 7:14 pm
How about you ask him.

Countless women have posted threads on imamother how their DH's buythem gifts they don't like. Everyone counsels them to communicate and tell their DH what they want.

Ask him what he would like - it might surprise you.

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 20 2013, 8:52 pm
Abby--what a revolutionary idea! (sarcasm not aimed at you.) You;d think asking the man would be the obvious thing to do, wouldn't you? Or if not the dh himself, then his mother-father-sister-brother, every one of whom knows him longer and a whole lot better than any one of us imamothers.

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 20 2013, 8:59 pm
Honestly, for the person who "has everything" the best thing you can do is not burden him with more THINGS that he doesn't need. Either give a nice donation to a tzedaka in his honor, or give him an "experience"--ticket to a show or concert, dinner out in a place he's never been to, membership in a museum, a trip to somewhere, lessons in something...or do something with the stuff he already has. Get his dilapidated baseball glove resewn, have his favorite old photo restored, his bar-mitzvah becher professionally polished or replated, that sort of thing.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Nov 20 2013, 9:01 pm
get him a picture frame. print out a paper with the word "NOTHING" printed on it in large, bold letters. wrap it up, and tell him you got him nothing for a present.

busydev

Post Wed, Nov 20 2013, 10:04 pm
not op. I tried asking dh what he wants and got nowhere!!! he doesnt want to give me a list of things that hed like or anything like that cause "its not the same". now hes great at picking out or making gifts for me... and hes also great at getting himself things that strike his fancy so theres really not much left for me to get him. it stinks. and then he complains that I dont get good gifts while he gets me good ones.... (last yr got him family handyman subscription which he did like but he happened to mention he wanted one and was gonna get it a few weeks before chanuka and I said ill get it for your present... otherwise...)

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 20 2013, 10:09 pm
Busydev, tell dh he can't have it both ways. You're not a mind reader. Either he tells you what he'd like or he likes what you get him. No fair not cooperating and then griping that you didn't get him a good gift. He's more than seven.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 21 2013, 9:40 am
I know this may sound raunchy, and I don't know your comfort level with this sort of thing, but I once gave my husband a gift of a "scavenger hunt". It was just us home and I made different riddles for clues that led to different "activities" in different rooms and then ended up in the bedroom.

The gift cost nothing but was pretty unforgettable.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 21 2013, 1:10 pm
Something Jewish. Leather bound chumashim, a siddur, challa cover etc.
Buying him a "gadget" will just be a punishment for you it will make him spend more time with it then with you

rising hero

Post Thu, Nov 21 2013, 2:27 pm
Does he enjoy a good drink? Get him a nice bottle of whiskey. Its something that gets used up so you can give it to him again in the future.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics