Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift Exchange

Barbara

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 6:00 pm
Speaking of weird gifts ... I'm part of a gift exchange. Would you find it weird or offensive to receive a cookbook?

I'm really racking my brains, and can't figure out anything else to give. Because its a grab bag, I can't tailor it to the recipient.

And if you think my idea is awful, suggest other things. Please.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 6:03 pm
I would love a cookbook as long as I don't have it already, but it depends on the crowd. I'm sure there would be gifts that other people would give that I wouldn't like. At least someone can regift a cookbook, can't they?

Barbara

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 6:04 pm
yo'ma wrote:
I would love a cookbook as long as I don't have it already, but it depends on the crowd. I'm sure there would be gifts that other people would give that I wouldn't like. At least someone can regift a cookbook, can't they?

Thanks.

I'm limiting my selection to books that came out in the last couple of months, so its not likely anyone has it yet.

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 6:28 pm
a lot of people like cookbooks ... but keep in mind ... there are some mavens that would get insulted by the same ... I am one of them [unless there are pretty pictures]

now to think of something better ... how about an apron ... there's a new fad for old-fashioned aprons & you can find them at marshall's [think stepford wive's style]

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 6:37 pm
Most women love cookbooks. A cookbook that recently came out is a good gift.
I won one last year at a Chanuka gift exchange and all the other ladies wanted it. I was happy with my win, so I kept it. Tongue Out

amother

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 7:22 pm
greenfire wrote:
a lot of people like cookbooks ... but keep in mind ... there are some mavens that would get insulted by the same ... I am one of them [unless there are pretty pictures]
I would think this would only apply if giving a cookbook to one recipient specifically. I think its a great gift for a grab bag

other ideas include matching gloves, scarf and hat set, gift certificate for mani/pedi, $20 gift certificate to local take out store
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics