Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
ISO Girl school in Lakewood that is a nice mix?

amother

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 7:53 pm
Is there a girls school in Lakewood (or starting up now) that is a nice mix between yeshivish parents but also with working (and gasp, colored shirts). I want the parent body to be tzniusdik, but without the extra crazy chumros. For example no problem with women wearing non pink nail polish, etc...
Thanks

Emotional

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 8:18 pm
amother wrote:
For example no problem with women wearing non pink nail polish, etc...
Thanks

Is that a factor in choosing a school?

amother

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 9:08 pm
Not really (OP here) I myself hardly ever wear nail polish.
It is just that shows the mentality of the school and what type of people would be going there.

be good

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 11:00 pm
Ateres Tzipora is supposed to be a warm, personal-growth (yiddishkeit and middos wise) oriented school.
I have no agenda here, and no girls in school yet, but a friend sends there and raves about it.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 11:27 am
maybe Bnos Brocha

Chayalle

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 11:44 am
In some of the schools mentioned, the parent body might be what the OP asked about....but the administration might not be quite the same.....

amother

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 11:59 am
Bond bracha is more of an out of town parent body but the education is not so great. Most people are trying to get out of that school if they can. In their defense they are trying to get their act together.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 12:07 pm
I'm asking this question partly out of curiosity and partly because I never really understood this.

Why do you want a mix at all?Why don't you also look for a school that no one has an issue with nail polish etc. but the parents dress Tznius?

amother

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 1:50 pm
Bnos Yaakov, Bnos Penina and Bnos Rivkah.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 2:04 pm
Unfortunately although a lot of Bnos Yaakovs parent body sounds like what you're looking for, the administration is definitely into chumros, especially when it comes to tznius.

balibusta

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 2:22 pm
Maybe perlsteins new schoool

amother

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 3:25 pm
bais kaila?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Dec 04 2013, 3:42 pm
amother wrote:
bais kaila?

Bais Kaila is a very nice mix. OP were you inquiring about high school or elementary?

amother

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 11:57 pm
OP here:
I am looking for an Elementary school. Does anyone have more info on Perlsteins school?
How about Bnos Yaakov?

Thanks

harriet

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 12:04 am
Ateres tzipora

amother

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 12:10 am
While in principle I like the middle line road of Bnos Rivka or Ateres Tziporah, but for some reason student who go through there get a bad label, and I cant do that to my daughter.

cookiecutter

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 1:49 am
What a rotten town Lakewood is. Everyone wants to be themselves, but they can't admit to themselves who they are because they're judging everyone else for being those exact same things. "I want to send my daughter to Milchemes Vichna but I can't because everyone knows that all the students there go to Milchemes Vichna."

Emotional

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 4:46 am
cookiecutter wrote:
What a rotten town Lakewood is. Everyone wants to be themselves, but they can't admit to themselves who they are because they're judging everyone else for being those exact same things. "I want to send my daughter to Milchemes Vichna but I can't because everyone knows that all the students there go to Milchemes Vichna."

It's true that the school issue is a problem here. I'm going through it now with my son, and I specifically do NOT care about labels or elite reputations. All I want is a school that doesn't have the words "very hard to get into" in the same sentence". That's really all I want, because a school that prides itself on being hard to get into is not likely to welcome a less-than-perfect child with open arms and accommodate his issues.
That being said, I don't think what you said about Lakewood is very nice. Every community has its issues which need to be acknowledged and remedied by its leaders. This is no exception.

harriet

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 8:42 am
amother wrote:
While in principle I like the middle line road of Bnos Rivka or Ateres Tziporah, but for some reason student who go through there get a bad label, and I cant do that to my daughter.

What kind of "bad label" do these kids get? They're elementary school kids! My friend is thinking of sending her daughter to Ateres Tziporah-what will she be labeled as-dumb? modern? behavior problem? something else?

Please clarify!

TIA

amother

Post Sun, Dec 08 2013, 2:01 pm
From my understanding there will be a label of being extremely modern
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics