Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Mountain Family (Artscroll) Penina Neiman/TR Berger

ILOVELIFE

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 5:09 pm
I recently flew to Israel and treated myself to this book so I'd have what to read on the long flight and boy was it worth every bit!

At first I wondered if it would be too similar to the many stories of converts that I'd read about over the years. Don't get me wrong-- I found each one inspiring in their own way but still, I knew I needed something different on that long plane ride. Well, this story is wild. It's co-authored by Penina Neiman and is the story of "Tzirel Rus Berger" and is written in first person telling of Tzirel Rus's story raising 10 children in the Appalachian mountain area. They lived poverty stricken lives there and that part of the story is an eye-opener about the lives of families living that lifestyle (she lived with an outhouse!) Then, she and ALL of her kids convert and the story is a wild ride and an amazingly incredible one at that.

I haven't been this excited about a book in a long time Smile

Anyone else read it?

Bambamama

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 5:56 pm
I didn't read it, but I read about the family in Mishpacha. They sound so fascinating!

rise above

Post Mon, Dec 09 2013, 10:05 am
I read the book yesterday and really enjoyed it. It really gave me a good subtle mussar lesson in appreciating what I have!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room