Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What colors are in?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 09 2013, 10:19 pm
I know I've been seeing a lot of rust this past season. What other colors are in / coming in for the current and upcoming season? How do you find out?

Happy18

Post Mon, Dec 09 2013, 10:34 pm
You could read magazines such as vogue otherwise go to a store and ask what this seasons colors are.

naturemom

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 1:43 pm
I have been seeing lots of navy and gray as base colors, and no more brown.

does that help?

gp2.0

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 1:55 pm
I think colors generally follow the seasons. Of course denim and black and red appear in every season.

Fall: brown, red-brown, burnt orange, mustard yellow, cognac, dusky blue - leaves changing.
Winter: gray, white, navy, forest green, ice blue, dusky pink - evergreens, ice, snow and clouds.
Spring: pastels, a lot of pale color - gradual phasing to sunshine and flowers
Summer: brighter colors, neons, bold prints - bright sunshine and flowers

Disclaimer: I know nothing about fashion.

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 2:08 pm
colours are god's gift - always use them regardless of the world & it's demands of what's in season or not ...

I find it quite cheery when I see a person in the middle of the dreary cold winter with a purple coat and floral scarf - bright as a flower in spring bloom ...

Barbara

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 2:13 pm

gold21

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 2:49 pm
My friends, who are all trendier than I, tell me to buy mustard yellow and burgundy.

watermelon

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 3:17 pm
Seeing lots of maroon and rust these days.

gold21

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 3:42 pm
Watermelon, you're the one who told me to buy burgundy stuff :-)

yogabird

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 5:53 pm
amother wrote:
I know I've been seeing a lot of rust this past season. What other colors are in / coming in for the current and upcoming season? How do you find out?

Pantone Fashion Color Report is the most accepted authority on color forecasting. I think you can get them a full year in advance, and they're available all over the internet.
http://www.pantone.com/pages/f.....pid=3

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 6:08 pm
yogabird wrote:
amother wrote:

Pantone Fashion Color Report is the most accepted authority on color forecasting. I think you can get them a full year in advance, and they're available all over the internet.
http://www.pantone.com/pages/f.....pid=3

Ugh. I am SO not feeling the colors this year! Pantone, why do you do this to me? They've been running cool colors for the past three years, and I wear warm tones! Every one of those colors would make me look jaundiced (except "sand").

I could get away with small pops of some of these colors, but seriously? they just cut out half of the world's population by keeping so many blue/gray/winter tones in their collections.

As a jewelry designer, this is going to be a big challenge for me. I always struggle when working with colors I can't really visualize wearing. I absolutely missed the boat with Tangerine Tango, and I only barely managed Emerald because it makes a great, leafy sort of neutral with any kind of floral motif.

This year is going to have us look like a bunch of Easter eggs. And the men's collection? You just KNOW that the guys who picked out that palette aren't straight. Honestly, I'd take some of the guy's colors any day over what they've got in store for us this year. Some of the jewel tones, I could do something with.

*sigh*

marshmellow

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 6:32 pm
I don't really look at what it is in fashion. If I see something I like it I buy it!

MadameX

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 9:41 pm
Just stick to colors that compliment you and your skin tone

gp2.0

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 11:00 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
I think colors generally follow the seasons. Of course denim and black and red appear in every season.

Fall: brown, red-brown, burnt orange, mustard yellow, cognac, dusky blue - leaves changing.
Winter: gray, white, navy, forest green, ice blue, dusky pink - evergreens, ice, snow and clouds.
Spring: pastels, a lot of pale color - gradual phasing to sunshine and flowers
Summer: brighter colors, neons, bold prints - bright sunshine and flowers

Disclaimer: I know nothing about fashion.

Why am I getting hugs? Is that how sad it is to know nothing about fashion? LOL

gold21

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 11:03 pm
I have gotten hugs for the most random things.

I'll post "I love chocolate" and ill get a hug, I'll post "my hair is brown" and ill get a hug. Dunno why.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics