Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Why was the Bais Tova thread removed?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 12 2013, 2:57 pm
What was wrong with it and why was it removed?

What's wrong with mothers getting comfort from other mothers in the same situation?

Emotional

Post Thu, Dec 12 2013, 3:03 pm
amother wrote:

What's wrong with mothers getting comfort from other mothers in the same situation?

I think there was too much lashon hara and motzei Shem ra going on - and I'm guilty too.
This teaches me that frustration and bitterness are not an excuse to say whatever I want, especially in a public forum.
I'm sorry, everyone.

lkwdmommy

Post Thu, Dec 12 2013, 3:10 pm
Emotional-I followed the posts and you have earned my respect by keeping your head up high while in such pain from your situation. Be proud of yourself! I hope your problem gets resolved without too much additional agmas nefesh on your part. If I'd be able to help you, I would.

I imagine the thread was removed because the mod found it too difficult to comb through for the nasty lashon harah posts.

lkwdmommy

Post Thu, Dec 12 2013, 3:12 pm
amother wrote:

Mothers getting comfort and validation from other mothers is a great thing! That's what Imamother was made for. When threads degenerate into outright Lashon Harah and nastiness, that is a problem.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 12 2013, 4:14 pm
Right, I thought it was ok to vent and be validated, but once names were brought in negatively by anonymous and not-anonymous posters, the situation spiralled downwards.

Emotional, I wish you all the best and hope that you are one of the ones where everything works out for the best at least in the end.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 12 2013, 5:21 pm
As the writer who poured out her soul on that forum it is really a shame that people had to go and mention specific names, which is pure lashon harah. I was not pointing my finger at any specific person, I think this is a community problem, that needs a community solution. It is not the fault of any individual person and everything you hear about specific people needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Its a shame bc I was really using this forum as major venting grounds and it was helping me get everything off my chest.

merelyme

Post Thu, Dec 12 2013, 5:56 pm
lkwdmommy wrote:
I imagine the thread was removed because the mod found it too difficult to comb through for the nasty lashon harah posts.

Exactly.
I just finished reading through the entire thread and was going to post in "threads removed" that I cannot edit/remove so many problematic posts, so the entire thread is staying gone.
If anyone wants to start a new thread with a specific question, feel free - but keep it kosher, please.
Thanks!
-merelyme, as mod
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics