Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Jerusalem store enquiry

amother

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 8:23 am
I'm desperately looking for beige thigh highs 60 denier. DH is travelling to Israel and will be in Jerusalem. Do any of you know where he can purchase them for me? Preferably in an English speaking store as he won't know how to ask for them in Hebrew.

merelyme

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 8:29 am
On Malchei Yisrael in Geulah there are a few stores that specialize in stockings and socks - Puzmak פוזמק on Malchei Yisrael 45, and Garbayim גרביים on Malchei Yisrael twenty-something or so (on the side of the street with even numbers, on a corner next to a shoe store) come to mind.

He can say:
גרבי ירך שישים דנייר בצבע בז' בבקשה
Garbei yerech shishim denier b'tzeva beige, b'vakashah

You may need to tell him a size, of course.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 8:44 am
OP here. Thanks merelyme!

Does what you wrote mean thigh highs or tights? I thought thigh highs generally come in a one size fits all, am I wrong?

Do you know of a store that has a website? Or perhaps a contact number so that I can ask them in advance if they have what I need?

merelyme

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 8:53 am
Garbei yerech are thigh-highs. I'm sorry, I don't know if they come in sizes - it's quite possible they're one-size-fits-none.
Garbeyonim גרביונים are what Americans call stockings and the British call tights (I.e., waist-high).

Be forewarned that in Israel, "tights - טייץ" are footless, what Americans call leggings. He shouldn't ask for tights...

Puzmak's number is (972) 2-625-0035
Garbayim is on the corner of Malchei Yisrael and Rechov Hayeshivah. Their number is (972) 2-537-0415

amother

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 9:52 am
Thanks!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions