Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Shaitel styles for a widows peak
Previous  1  2

shoy18

Post Sun, Feb 04 2007, 5:23 pm
Marney wrote:
Doesn't it look bizarre to "laser off" a major part of your hairline? I would think that someone would look partially bald after doing that - like a middle-aged man with a receding hairline. It wouldn't matter for when you are covering your hair, but at home for your husband you'd look like a creature from Star Trek or something.

they just laser the peak, thats all you cant even tell

batya_d

Post Sun, Feb 04 2007, 7:19 pm
withhumor wrote:
I don’t think electrolysis is permanent (only if you do it a thousand times) and why go through all that pain…it ends up being the same money anyway.
\

It is painful, but it IS permanent. When I was in middle school I had many (maybe 10?) sessions of electrolysis done on my upper lip (mustache) and you would never know now, it's totally normal looking. I bleached the remaining hairs for a few years after, but I don't find it necessary anymore. Perhaps my hormones have changed over the years.

Hannah!

Post Sun, Feb 04 2007, 7:26 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

workingallthetime

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 9:26 pm
Not sure if this is good news or bad, but I had a major widows peak that used to make me crazy, and had to have bangs in my sheitel.....8 years of sheitel clips right on the widows peak, and its basically gone - ouch! the bad news is if I wear a tichel and it slips, you can see the spot where the clips pulled out my hair.

withhumor

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 7:34 am
Wow, I didn’t know that electrolysis is permanent. So like after 10 times I can have my widow’s peak eliminated? That is cool, I’ll go get one ASAP and report back on the pain factor!

queen

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 10:10 pm
Hannah! wrote:
Batya's 100% correct, electrolysis is permanent.

could be for some it is, however for many it is not.
It is very painful and one has to go back many many times- and no guarrantee.

I'd just say- save up and do laser. at least that way you know you are done with it.

withhumor

Post Thu, Feb 08 2007, 7:42 am
Gee thanks, now I’m totally undecided.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels