Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
So difficult finding tznius wedding outfits!!!!

FirstTimeMommy

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 6:24 pm
I have a friends wedding coming up and it is so hard finding something to wear to it. I've had this problem in the past. A non-family member ( so no renting or making gowns) but more than just a pal, a good freinds wedding who you want to get a little fancier for. What do you all do? Where do you find things to wear. There is absolutley nothing in the store that has sleeves and a collar but is also youthful looking. Please help! I only have a short time.
p.s - I don't have anyone I can borrow from near where I live

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 6:28 pm
I love macy’s, the variety is huge and you can always pick up a nice sweater and a skirt… amazing store. You should check out http://www.simchawear.com, there’s some wedding suits too, and most of the people will be thrilled to sell it for a low price, if you make an offer. Good Luck!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 7:44 pm
I just got a fancy twin set from Dress BArn for weddings, otherwise I"m wearing the same black and white trimmed suit I've been wsaring for years . . . .

gryp

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 8:14 pm
I'm in the same situation- I ended up buying a black ballgown skirt and beautiful top- comes in either pink or white- frm jcpenney.com
skirt is only $20, top is $40.

Meema2Kids

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 8:15 pm
I've also seen nice things in JC Penney.

lubcoralsprings

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 8:28 pm
Go to lohman's or lord and taylor when they are having a sale and you can usually get something for around forty dollers.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 8:41 pm
I go to Lord and Taylor a few times a year and they do have gorgeous things, but they usually aren't cheap......

Oh. and you have to dry clean them.

cindy324

Post Mon, Feb 05 2007, 9:30 pm
withumor ... that link doesn't seem to be working.

withhumor

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 9:49 am
duh, I put a comma in there. http://www.simchawear.com

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 10:01 am
I found a great little black dress for $40 at an outlet store - that's my new wedding outfit.

I think it's easy to find stuff for weddings if you're not a bridesmaid and don't have to find a specific color.

cindy324

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 2:12 pm
That's better withhummor, thanks! Very Happy

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 2:49 pm
It's extra hard to find tsnius wedding outfits (not to mention gowns!). Sometimes it will be tsnius but frumpy, or very ugly, or extra expensive... just wear your nicest clothes.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 2:53 pm
I honestly don't see what's so difficult. . . there are ballgown skirts a-plenty, and lots of shirts to wear with them.

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 2:59 pm
I got a short black dress made for weddings, it has some pink trimming and its very cute. It cost about 150$ to make. Pretty reasonable considering how much wear I get out of it, and how much a tznius dress like that would cost to buy.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 3:02 pm
I was just at Century 21 and they hve a lot of pretty thing in their Knits dept, Joans of NY etc.

It's all spring stuff now.

FirstTimeMommy

Post Tue, Feb 06 2007, 4:44 pm
thanks for the help ladies. the ball gown and top thing isn't really my style ( well, actuall I did wear that style but not for a while now) I'm looking for something a little more designer-ish. very youthful, fashionable etc.. I think I'm going to try some websites.

withhumor

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 10:59 am
If you not in the plus size criteria (good for you!) then it’s quite easy to shop online. My favorite site is http://us.redoute.com because it’s ultra chic stuff for very cheap. I also love Macy’s but they have a limited collection online.

You have to get creative with the stuff for example http://www1.macys.com/catalog/.....Green I’d have to lengthen the skirt a drop (adding some fabric on top) but life goes on!

shopaholic

Post Wed, Feb 07 2007, 11:57 am
I love La Redoute too but I find their skirts are always too small.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics