Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Curiosity

amother

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 2:38 pm
Am I the only person who deliberately opens these morbid sounding threads only because she want to feel better about her own situation? If I open a thread about a Shalom Bayis problem, I can feel relief knowing that at least I don't have that problem. Or if I read about a bad mother-in-law issue, I go "whew" that at last I don't suffer from that. I feel so bad that I do this but I was wondering still if I'm the only one who does.

rising hero

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 2:43 pm
No, not really.
Being thankful that I have other problems, maybe. But these are real women in pain.

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 3:08 pm
nopes ~ I would feel rather sad to know there are other people in pain ... so no morbid curiosity would relieve that ...

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 3:18 pm
You're a "Virtual Rubbernecker"--the online version of a person who slows down while driving to gawk at a train wreck. It's obviously a common behavior, considering that "rubbernecking delays" account for many traffic snarls and papers and magazines feature "agony columns". In fact, much of daily journalism, especially tabloid journalism, is one giant agony column.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 3:26 pm
Ha! I thought I was the only one who opens those threads just for that reason. I read the thread and then say to myself "thank you Hashem for not also giving me this to deal with"

amother

Post Wed, Dec 18 2013, 3:29 pm
amother wrote:
Ha! I thought I was the only one who opens those threads just for that reason. I read the thread and then say to myself "thank you Hashem for not also giving me this to deal with"

Glad I'm not the only one then!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics