Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Spinoff: craziness of Lakewood schools

amother

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 7:46 pm
I find it so repulsive tht Lakewood is run by $$$$$. But I think brooklyn yeshivas are very similar. You need pull and $$ to get in. I applied to 3 heimishe schools and haven't heard from one of hem if I'm in yet. I don't think I'm in any of them because I don't have that kind of money to donate and I don't have pull. Most of us need heimishe, solid, video excepting schools. I kno ppl will say video??? No yeshiva will take you if here videos on the house but If u have $ pull or he right name thy don't think twice raaaaaa. Anyone else have this issue????

elisheva25

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 9:25 pm
I know this isn't what you want to hear....but this is the best I can think.of......If you move out of Brooklyn, it's a world of a difference Smile

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 10:24 pm
As far as I know, Chabad schools will accept. Have you tried?

amother

Post Tue, Dec 17 2013, 10:54 pm
amother wrote:
I find it so repulsive tht Lakewood is run by $$$$$. But I think brooklyn yeshivas are very similar. You need pull and $$ to get in. I applied to 3 heimishe schools and haven't heard from one of hem if I'm in yet. I don't think I'm in any of them because I don't have that kind of money to donate and I don't have pull. Most of us need heimishe, solid, video excepting schools. I kno ppl will say video??? No yeshiva will take you if here videos on the house but If u have $ pull or he right name thy don't think twice raaaaaa. Anyone else have this issue????

pull always helps, and money too, no matter in Lakewood, or any other school across the nation!!

but if you think that all the ppl accepted have pull or money, think again.

it also helps to be a good "fit" for the school. trying to get into a school only to complain a few months later about their crazy rules isn't what the schools are looking to get themselves into.

good luck in finding the right school!

p.s. there are no chabad schools in Lakewood.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 24 2013, 8:41 pm
If you haven't gotten a rejection letter then call and find out why. Did you get your application money back?

Sometimes if they think you want to go somewhere else but would be happy to have you they will not send you a rejection letter. Call and find out what is going on.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics