Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Ami sukkkos story supplement--time and again?

oohlala

Post Thu, Nov 01 2012, 12:13 pm
was that the title of the first story of the ami sukkos story supplement? I'm also trying to remember the name of the author (I threw it out by mistake) and I want to write a letter to Ami about it...thanks!

Striver

Post Thu, Nov 01 2012, 12:35 pm
Yes.

The author is actually on imamother.

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, Nov 01 2012, 1:09 pm
which one is this referring to?
What is it about?

oohlala

Post Thu, Nov 01 2012, 1:13 pm
I thought it was called Time and Again, although I'm not sure, and I was just trying to remember the name of the author, but I forgot her name and I threw the booklet away by accident. The story was about a woman who loses her memory.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 25 2013, 9:05 pm
This short story seemed like a frum take-off of the novel "What Alice Forgot". If the author is here ( I do not remember her real life name) I am curious to know her response to that.

wif

Post Mon, Dec 30 2013, 9:49 am
Hi! I am the author of that short story and someone brought this thread to my attention. I have never read the book that you referenced--living in Israel, I'm pretty behind in the last ten years of new books. Plus I'm sort of a book snob. I googled it of course, and all I can say is--weird. The idea for this short story was the result of brainstorming at something like three in the morning my time via gchat with my editor, and surprisingly, it still sounded like a good idea in the morning!

wif

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 9:48 am
Okay, fine, so I am really naive. I admit to that freely. I thought that the OP was letting me know about the weird coincidence, that my story was similar to another book, but someone (not as dumb as me, apparently) said that that wasn't what the OP was getting at at all...

I feel a little sad right now, but obviously you don't know me, so how would you know what I would or wouldn't do? So all I can say is I never intentionally used anyone else's material to write a story/serial/poem and never will.

There. Hope that will be satisfactory.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 11:24 am
amother wrote:
This short story seemed like a frum take-off of the novel "What Alice Forgot". If the author is here ( I do not remember her real life name) I am curious to know her response to that.
I am not OP, who was just asking for info, but I am the amother who commented about the story.

I did not remember the author, so hi! I do feel like I know and trust you and am not accusing you of anything. I asked for your response. Could it be your editor read the book? It is a mighty weird coincidence.

wif

Post Thu, Jan 02 2014, 4:48 am
amother wrote:
I am not OP, who was just asking for info, but I am the amother who commented about the story.

I did not remember the author, so hi! I do feel like I know and trust you and am not accusing you of anything. I asked for your response. Could it be your editor read the book? It is a mighty weird coincidence.

I would never imagine her doing such a thing...well, they do say that there is nothing new under the sun, and I do feel like there are no new ideas, not really; just fresh ways of saying them. Know what I mean?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room