Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Bed sizes in israel

amother

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 7:43 am
is it true that twin beds are smaller by 3 inches in Israel than the US? anyone who made aliya know? we are not making a lift, but we do want to bring all of our linen if possible.

we have now, 48 inch beds. is there such a thing as 120 cm mattresses and bed frames? maybe sold in the frummer areas or s/t in smaller furniture stores? these stupid 48 inch beds are a Jewish invention and it was a mistake to get them, but at this point into marriage, I have lots of linen and it would be a shame to leave behind. And yes, to e/o who is going to ask, of course we have the room measurements- and 48 inch will fit. the only other option we have is going to 140 (54 inch - full size), but that would also entail getting all new linen, and would be the same waste of all our old linen too, which I really love. and also I just feel like two full size beds would look massive in a room.

there seems to be 120 cm beds, which is 36 inches, which seems much narrower than "twin beds" in the US. is there 39 inch or a/t like that? if I cannot find the same size mattress as our mattresses, and I have to get all new linen, I would rather get slightly smaller from what we have than bigger, 54 just seems so massive to me.

Aidelmom

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 8:03 am
I have a 1 meter bed (100 cm) and my twin size bedding fits on it perfectly. Something doesn't seem right about your numbers.

Shuly

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 8:33 am
There are 70 cm beds (tiny), 80 cm (considered standard size), 90 cm (for those who want some extra room) and 1 meter beds. I don't know anyone who has anything bigger than that although I am sure you can get them somewhere.

We got 80 cm and I wish we would have paid the extra money for 90 cm. 1 meter beds would not fit in our bedroom. I use twin size linen and it's a drop big, but I tuck it under.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Aug 06 2010, 10:11 am
I just bought one of my sons a 90/190cm bed. It's a thick mattress, like American and our twin linen fits perfectly.
We bought here: see if it helps you at all (these are decent mattresses, but produced in Israel not chu"l so maybe a drop less expensive - quality seems good by only time will tell) http://www.kingdavid4u.co.il/

I won't swear to it, but since this is Israel and they know Jewish "quirks", they may have custom sizes etc.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 17 2010, 7:30 pm
OP here-
just wanted to report back, in case a/o else ever clicks on this thread: I found my 48 inch bed frames and mattresses! (well technically they are 47.2- they are 120 cm....just like the twin size we found, are not 39, they are 39.7 because they are 100 cm- e/t is in cms obviously) so I don't need to get new linen!
the website is http://www.sleep4u.co.il/ and they have a storefront on Herzl street in the furniture district, I don't remember the number.
But just in case there is ever s/o else looking for beds. They are reasonable, have all kinds of matresses however think or thin or hard or soft that u want!

GramaNewYork

Post Fri, Jan 03 2014, 2:27 pm
Does anyone know if there is a bed size that fits (approximately) queen-size linen in Israel?

I stayed in an apartment once with a big bed and my queen-size American linen fit pretty well. Unfortunately, I don't know what size that particular bed was or what it's called in Israel.

One big bed...not two individuals. I want to buy the linen in the U.S. because I heard it is less expensive. Please let me know if you think it's not worth bringing.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions