Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Disk for a 3 year old with stories or such

sped

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 7:49 am
My 3 ear old loves listening to taped parsha and stories . DH buys them in Hebrew for him, They are geared to older kids 94-5-6 year olds), but ds enjoys them anyhow. I really want him to hear more English and am looking for something similar that is available. What are Rabbi Juravel tapes like? Any other ideas?
Thanks

little_mage

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 8:14 am
From your post, I don't know if you read/listen to secular literature, so feel free to ignore this if you don't. There are lots of places online where you can buy audiobooks-audible.com (owned by amazon) is probably the biggest one, although I don't know about downloading from Israel. I have also found some stuff free on the iTunes store.

SingALong

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 9:59 am
I wish my 3 yr old would like story tapes! She only goes for music like Morah music, uncle moishy, etc.

Some story CDs my older kids like:
The magic yarmulke
Purim story
Chanukah story
The longest Pesach
The tzaddiks promise
613 Torah ave

There are also read along books with CDs, like yaels loving world, etc. but I don't know if a 3 yr old can follow that.

busydev

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 11:59 am
shmuel kunda story tapes are great
613 torah ave has a basic storyline with lots of songs.
Also check out the "boruch learns about...." series

sped

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 12:07 pm
Thank you so much for all your suggestions!

theoneandonly

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 12:17 pm
When Zaidy was Young, and all the other Shmuel Kunda stories (1st When Zaidy was young is on Youtube)
Marvelous Middos Machine (1-4 on Youtube)
Oorah has a 20 minute long Fiveish gets ready for Shabbos on Youtube

All the ones on Youtube--you can play them and open another tab in front of it so your DS can hear but not watch

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 12:42 pm
Shmuel Kunda!!! (Baruch makes a simcha, baruch learns about shabbos, magic yarmulka, when zaidy was young, and tons of others).
613 Torah Avenue

sped

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 2:28 pm
Thank you all so much. I would rather ds does not use the computer at all. I will look into these suggestions. He does not even need music or professionally done ones. The ones he loves hearing in Hebrew are of a rebbe for 5 yr olds who taped himself teaching parsha and chagim.

lkwdmommy

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 2:34 pm
In that case, you are probably best off with Rabbi Juravel. He speaks slowly and clearly, on a fairly simple level, but kids LOVE listening. He has great stories on topics like Ahavas Chaverim and more, as well as parsha tapes.

Shmuel Kunda tapes are terrific, but probably too complicated for your DS to follow at this age.

ETA: Rebbe Hill has some CDs that are geared toward younger listeners. Those might be good for you too.

sped

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 3:42 pm
Thank you so much for your response. I will hopefully get to a store sometime soon and try to get some of these suggestions.

mo5

Post Wed, Jan 08 2014, 5:37 pm
For more parsha or stories from Gemara and about tzadikkin (rambam etc), Rabbi Burston. Ds comes back from preschool 'in love' with them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics