Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
From OOT, where to buy sheitel in NY, Monsey

skcomputer

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 7:27 pm
I will be coming into NY on a Sunday in two weeks and would like to attempt to buy a sheitel, but have no idea where to go. I would be looking for a natural color part, shoulder length, human hair, multi-directional. I am willing to pay 1000-1500. I can get it cut, washed, and styled at home, but we are limited in buying new sheitels in my hometown since we can only use brands who will ship multiple styles and allow returns.Any recommendations?

Maya

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 7:36 pm
I got a wig from Mimi's Looks a few months ago, and am very happy with it. They are in the $1,000 range, depending on the length.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 8:56 pm
The number one thing IME is to buy from someone who stands behind her product and will fix anything for you within six months at least, if not longer. And will replace it if there are serious problems. And won't give you a hard time about it. People say Esther Aron is good I think?

Don't get from Mimi.

Cookies n Cream

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 8:58 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
The number one thing IME is to buy from someone who stands behind her product and will fix anything for you within six months at least, if not longer. And will replace it if there are serious problems. And won't give you a hard time about it. People say Esther Aron is good I think?

Don't get from Mimi.

Thrilled with Esther Aron. Mine is over a year old. Customer service is great.

Maya

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 9:02 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:

Don't get from Mimi.

Have you tried Mimi's higher-end line recently, or are you going by the reputation of her cheaper wigs?

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 9:09 pm
Maya wrote:
Have you tried Mimi's higher-end line recently, or are you going by the reputation of her cheaper wigs?

I'm going by my experience with *her*.

Maya

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 9:13 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
I'm going by my experience with *her*.

Oh. I guess we've had different experiences Smile

Either way, if the OP is interested, she can get it through a few of the sheitel machers in Monsey who sell the line.

purpleink

Post Wed, Jan 15 2014, 11:33 pm
If you would like, you can see the styles here (mostly precuts): https://www.facebook.com/wigco.....tique

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jan 16 2014, 12:10 am
purpleink wrote:
If you would like, you can see the styles here (mostly precuts): https://www.facebook.com/wigco.....tique

Is that your page? If so, you can make the wigs looks a lot more attractive by using a better head and styling them a bit. Also, the prices seem to be high, based on what I've seen on other wig consignment sites.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels