Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Writing on imamother in a different language
Previous  1  2

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 7:26 am
happy2Bamommy wrote:
Translation.
I was referring to Yiddish whereas many members understand it. Many times certain words are understood better in Yiddish than in English.

I think a word here or there is fine, but if it's on the main forum the conversation should be in English. It's like having a full conversation with other people standing around feeling very left out. It's quite rude, in my opinion.

happy2Bamommy

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 7:27 am
QueenBee3 wrote:
Ahhh...

thank you

how do you say thank you in Yiddish?

א דאנק

happy2Bamommy

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 7:30 am
eema of 3 wrote:
I think a word here or there is fine, but if it's on the main forum the conversation should be in English. It's like having a full conversation with other people standing around feeling very left out. It's quite rude, in my opinion.

To clarify my point, I was actually asking about writing in Yiddish in the chassidishe velt. I figured I'll get my answer if I ask it in a more general way. But I see I opened a can of worms.
I'm assuming everyone in the chassidishe velt understands Yiddish. Would that be rude too if I post in Yiddish in the chassidishe velt?

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 7:33 am
happy2Bamommy wrote:
To clarify my point, I was actually asking about writing in Yiddish in the chassidishe velt. I figured I'll get my answer if I ask it in a more general way. But I see I opened a can of worms.
I'm assuming everyone in the chassidishe velt understands Yiddish. Would that be rude too if I post in Yiddish in the chassidishe velt?

I'd ask the question in that forum.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 7:40 am
imasoftov wrote:
I'd ask the question in that forum.

Was just going to say the same thing :-)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics