Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Book or website to guide new home purchase?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 6:10 pm
Can you recommend a book or website that talks about the basics of searching for and purchasing a new home?
I need to learn things how to choose a realtor, what the lawyer does, how to arrange a home inspection.

(We're looking in Passaic, if that's relevant).

amother

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 6:28 pm
Anything that ends with .gov is reliable (on google).

Teacup9

Post Thu, Dec 12 2013, 9:54 am
How is house hunting going? Did you find anything?

We are looking to buy in Passaic too and hopefully (KH tut tut tut) have found a place. We didn't know much either especially bc we were coming from another state where home buying was slightly different. I picked a realtor I liked whom I met at an open house from a realty company popular with the community who know a lot about frum blocks, nearby shuls, where schools are, etc. I searched the yahoo group (passaic jews) for postings about recommended lawyers and inspectors. So far I like the lawyer, he seems patient, knowledgeable, and he lives in the neighborhood. I am still picking an inspector. I did not find much help online. Some people even disagree on the order of how things should be done (my lawyer prefers inspection before appraisal - my bank prefers appraisal before inspection.) A lawyer is not required in the state of NJ to purchase a home unlike in NY, however I would be lost without one.

Teacup9

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 9:59 pm
amother wrote:
Can you recommend a book or website that talks about the basics of searching for and purchasing a new home?
I need to learn things how to choose a realtor, what the lawyer does, how to arrange a home inspection.

(We're looking in Passaic, if that's relevant).

BH we're further along in the process if you want to PM me with any questions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating