Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Paperdoll shalach manos Ideas.

Factory Girl

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 9:22 pm
Last year, you all helped me with some amazing ideas for our theme (guess who game).It was so very helpful.

This year I am making paper doll costumes for the whole family and would really appreciate some ideas for our shalach manos. (what food/candy can I give that has something to do with paper dolls)

Thank you again

MamaBear

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 9:29 pm
Skip linking in the food. I personally find it rather pointless. Make a darling gift bag decorated with paper dolls linking around it and fill it with worthwhile food.

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 10:45 pm
There was a spoof thread here last year where one of the posters wanted to go as Flat Stanley. There were some cute ideas like flat bread. I think fruit roll ups.

You could also do cookies in the shape of a dress with tabs on them.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 11:04 pm
How about tea party? Straw hat-shaped cookies, petit fours, tea, etc.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Feb 10 2014, 11:24 pm
Factory Girl wrote:
Last year, you all helped me with some amazing ideas for our theme (guess who game).

I'd love to read that thread! What did you do for the Guess Who game?

Factory Girl

Post Thu, Feb 13 2014, 7:13 pm
thank you for the ideas.... def gave me something to think about... and ill look up that thread of flat Stanley.

cheers

Factory Girl

Post Thu, Feb 13 2014, 7:23 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I'd love to read that thread! What did you do for the Guess Who game?

first I dressed the whole family in some of the characters of the game (maria=with a green baret/anita = blond braids, etc).
then I took solid blue shirts and red shirts and painted a big white question mark on it, then just put everyone in black pants/skirts.

I then took white poster board and cut out big squares to go around each persons head. then I cut out a smaller 3 in square inside of the original square (where the kids could put their heads inside)and I wrote "guess who" on top , and the characters name on the bottom .
I then attached wire around the square ,which the kids wore around their necks, and their squares look like they were floating on their shoulders.
for shaloch manos, I made cookies with question marks on them, and I gave out laffy taffy mystery swirls.. it was a HUGE hit, bh:)

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Feb 13 2014, 8:59 pm
gingerbread men. include hamantaschen as a hat. include clothing shaped cookie cutters and some fruit leather so people can cut out their own clothing to dress the gingerbread man.

Sherri

Post Thu, Feb 13 2014, 10:30 pm
Squishy wrote:
There was a spoof thread here last year where one of the posters wanted to go as Flat Stanley. There were some cute ideas like flat bread. I think fruit roll ups.

You could also do cookies in the shape of a dress with tabs on them.
Cute ideas!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics