Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Cell phone provider/plan

Pineapple

Post Fri, Feb 21 2014, 8:48 am
Which cell phone provider do you have and what is your plan?

I'm looking to switch I currently have Verizon and paying way to much

momto2

Post Fri, Feb 21 2014, 9:20 am
I recently switched from AT&T which I had for many years to Metro PCS. My rate is $40/month for unlimited talk, text and data and it includes all taxes and fees. If you have more than one phone on a plan its $35. I am saving so much money, I should have done it much sooner!

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, Feb 21 2014, 9:35 am
we're on verizon for about $120 a month for 2 phones I think--- one smart phone with data and one dumb phone, no data.

sounds like metropcs is cheaper--- of course I'm stuck in a contract---- how's coverage with metropcs?

doctorima

Post Fri, Feb 21 2014, 9:45 am
Look into T-Mobile, which is considered to be the cheapest of the big 4.

oliveoil

Post Fri, Feb 21 2014, 9:51 am
Metro PCS - $25 per month (which includes all taxes and fees), unlimited talk & text.

Stars

Post Fri, Feb 21 2014, 10:00 am
Page Plus- $30 , 1200 min 3000 texts

little_mage

Post Fri, Feb 21 2014, 10:07 am
We're using prepaid, also through page plus. We buy $80 worth of minutes/texts at a time, because they're cheaper as you buy more of them. We don't have smart phones, just dumb phones that we bought used off of ebay. I don't know what the rates for data are, but this is working pretty well for us.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Feb 21 2014, 10:28 am
I am considering switching to Republic Wireless Although the phone, which can only be purchased through them, a Moto X is pricey ($300), the plans begin at $5. $10 gives you unlimited WiFi talk, text, and data, and cell talk and text only. The $25 plan give you unlimited WiFi talk, text, and data, and unlimited cell talk, text, and 3G data. It's hybrid calling- if you're around WiFi, it uses WiFi for service, but when you lose WiFi, it automatically goes onto the Sprint network. Although people complain about dropped calls after losing WiFi connection, (which just meant that the phone automatically redialed the person using Sprint network), I hear that with this better phone- the Moto, calls are rarely dropped. Also, you can get a referral from a Republic member for $19 off your bill, and there's also a $100 rebate available for trading in certain qualifying Motorola phones.

Other cheap prepaid plans include Ring Plus - works on Sprint device (copied from website)- free service when you sign up during monthly promotions- includes 200 Voice Minutes
500 Global Text Messages
10 Megabytes 3G/LTE Data
2¢ per Minute
2¢ per MB (LTE & 3G)
2¢ per Text
Extraordinary International Rates
Access to In-Call Apps & RingPlus Radio
No Contract
The catch is that you listen to their radio service and advertising instead of phone ringing when dialing someone. They have very cheap rates. For example, (copied from site) $9.99 BYOSD
Bella
400 Minutes of Voice
400 Text Messages
300 MB of Data (LTE & 3G)
2¢ per overage Minute, SMS, Data
Nationwide Coverage
RingPlus Radio
Access to In-Call Apps
No Contract.

Also, check out Ting Mobile, which has cheap rates (prepaid) and you pay for only the features you need.
However, I feel Republic Wireless offers the best value.

Pineapple

Post Fri, Feb 21 2014, 10:43 am
momto2 wrote:
I recently switched from AT&T which I had for many years to Metro PCS. My rate is $40/month for unlimited talk, text and data and it includes all taxes and fees. If you have more than one phone on a plan its $35. I am saving so much money, I should have done it much sooner!

Is this for a smart phone?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics