Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
How close to your moving date do you choose a house-renting

amother

Post Tue, Feb 25 2014, 6:43 pm
We are thinking of moving out of state and I am trying to figure something out. We would like to rent and I would like to know before confirming our move and beginning to pack that we have a house to move into. But people won't keep a house for you for the months that it will take to pack up and actually move (our tentative plan would be to move in the summer). It seems like our options are to go now and look at houses choose and start paying rent now, or to make a trip very close to moving date to look at and choose a house or to move and stay in a hotel until we choose a house or to choose without seeing it 'in person'. I'm trying to figure out what most people do... please help
Thanks

MyKidsRQte

Post Wed, Feb 26 2014, 4:53 pm
Depends on where you're planning on moving to. For example, in Lakewood there are no apartments to be found. You'd have to start looking now for the summer

amother

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 4:08 pm
Where we are looking there are houses and apartments but I still feel strange and kind of irresponsible leaving it until last minute. Even if I see nice houses available now why would I assume they will wait for me or more will become available? Even in a place apartments are hard to come by what if you do find a place not too close to your moving date? Do you start paying rent right away?
I guess my question is what do most people do and what makes more sense? To leave it to last minute even if I may not be able to see it in person then) or to find something really and then start paying rent already? Or is there another option I am not thinking about?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating