Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help me now

elmofood

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 7:59 pm
I am having lap band on march 5 and doing two week slim fast. today is first day and I am going nuts from hunger. what did those of you had the lapband do?

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 8:05 pm
you have to go on a slim fast before ... sounds hard ... but like anything else I imagine you get used to it after a couple of days ... GOOD LUCK!!!

Squash

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 1:05 am
elmo - it IS MURDER!!!!!

PM me your phone number and I'll give you some tips!

Hang in there!

Good luck on the surgery!

withhumor

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 9:55 am
You have to drink the stuff fin the can? Or can you make a shake with milk? Are you allowed to use a different brand or flavor?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 10:00 am
I am going nuts from hunger too.
So what I do is simply fress around-then hating myself for doing that.

withhumor

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 10:07 am
I would love to give you a sample of the CinchTM Cafe Latte Shake Mix to try with milk (PM me, to make arrangements) http://www.shaklee.net/podweb/product/20338. It was the first powdered protein shake that I loved so much, I drank it up the first time. And then, I started craving it. I don’t do the plan 100% but first I started the shake and B’H I drink it about 11’ish and I’m perfectly full until dinner!

elmofood

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 1:58 pm
a mother are you having surgery too? and what does that mean that you eat anyway?

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 2:15 pm
Wow, that must be very tough.

My only advice to you is to keep busy. If you're constantly occupied maybe you won't be as hungry.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 9:06 am
withhumor wrote:
I would love to give you a sample of the CinchTM Cafe Latte Shake Mix to try with milk (PM me, to make arrangements) http://www.shaklee.net/podweb/product/20338. It was the first powdered protein shake that I loved so much, I drank it up the first time. And then, I started craving it. I don’t do the plan 100% but first I started the shake and B’H I drink it about 11’ish and I’m perfectly full until dinner!

what kind of diet is that? aliquid shake diet? isnt that hard? then when you stop the diet, you just put the weight right back on?

FINKEL

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 10:13 am
I know ppl will yell at me for telling you this
but you can eat a bit of food too
I ate till 12 am night b4 surgery
and bh was fine
so did 2 of my friends that did it same time as me
but you will loose more if you already start loosing now...

withhumor

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 2:24 pm
The cinch inch loss plan has a shake which just came out in Café Latte flavor , which is the reason that I started using it. Although I’m not on the plan 100%, I am enjoying the shake (powder+milk) and I already lost a few inches and almost 10 pounds, since January. It’s obviously a great drink to try because it’s working for me even if not following the plan yet (I’ll get to it iy”h).

MyKidsRQte

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 1:28 am
like Finkel, I also ate up till midnight the night before my surgery.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

good luck!!

miriam

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 2:12 am
If you need to snack on something, snack on low calorie foods such as veggies.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 4:58 pm
I only had to be on the liquid diet for 2 days before surgery, and I thought I was going nuts..

I cant imagine 2 weeks..

I didnt dare try to eat a/thing.. I didn't want them to cancel the surgery..

good luck!

miri123

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 10:53 pm
I don't know much about this surgery. How does it affect having children post surgery?

MyKidsRQte

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 11:19 pm
they dont recommend getting pregnant within a year or two after surgery, but it doesn't affect having children. if I am not mistaken there is someone on this site who had a baby after the surgery

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Fri, Feb 23 2007, 2:59 am
Every dr might have diff. criteria.. I had heard that it's 6-12 months.

and yes I know of s/one who had a baby after having the band.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise