Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Sheva Brochos

amother

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 4:02 am
I went to Sheva Brochos last night for the first time in a long time. I was watching the kallah and remembering how I felt at my SBs. Truthfully it was kind of boring. You basically sit a table with the friends ofthe hosts who you often don't even know and your family. A lot of she SBs I have been to a lot of the mother's (either chosson or kallah depending on which side is making) are there and talking about mom stuff but what makes it fun for the kallah? I even remember on of my SBs that I was really looking forward to until I git there and they made me sit at a main table with just my mom and MIL and I could see all of my married friends sitting there and shmoozing but couldn't sit with them.

BTW, At last nights SB the men were all dancing and singing up a storm!

MyKidsRQte

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 6:54 am
Sheva Bruchos is pretty boring when its put that way. But I only felt that way the last 3. the first few were stilll very exciting to me

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 8:50 am
I enjoy attending a Sheva Brochos sometimes more than the wedding. The kallah is still radiant, but more approachable, and nice to chat with about all the new things in her life,her apartment, chasan's family, etc.

It's fun to meet the family of the new family member, and the dinner is usually so beautifully prepared and set up. Then there are the heimishe, personalized for the chasan-kallah divrei Torah, and it's always interesting to hear the different family members sing out the Sheva Brochos in their own unique way , everyone's in such a good mood, and dance a bit afterwards.

I think the kallah enjoys it all too.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 9:17 am
If ppl think it's boring, def bring in a speaker or some music!

pappymom

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 9:49 am
sounds like in your circles the chosson-kallah sit separately. so I guess that can be kinda boring. by my sheva brachos my hubby and I sat at a separate head table it was awesome

lubcoralsprings

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 10:21 am
I highly enjoyed sheva brachos. I thought it was nice to have all the run around. It's a one time deal so just enjoy it.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 10:29 am
I think it's a different prespective to be the kallah or a guest.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 10:30 am
I could have done without them. Not that they were boring, but I hated answering the same questions over and over again and being the center of attention for another week. I would've rather chilled out at home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics