Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Yellow and White Gold Jewelry

saw50st8

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 2:49 am
I recently inherited some beautiful yellow gold pieces of jewelry from my grandmother a"h. They all have beautiful vintage charm and are yellow gold. My engagement ring/wedding band is white gold, as are most of my other pieces of jewelry.

What are the "rules" for wearing yellow gold with white/platinum/silver? Can they be word on the same hand? Different hands? Necklace or earrings with a bracelet or ring?

Weigh in please!

tigerwife

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 4:44 am
Mixed golds are trending these days, especially on bracelets/bangles. I'd be more concerned if the styles matched- as in, wear a detailed vintage piece with a simple modern piece; don't match two complicated pieces.

Love vintage jewelry, wear them in good health.

Happy18

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 4:48 am
Wear it together and enjoy!

saw50st8

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 5:42 am
tigerwife wrote:
Mixed golds are trending these days, especially on bracelets/bangles. I'd be more concerned if the styles matched- as in, wear a detailed vintage piece with a simple modern piece; don't match two complicated pieces.

Love vintage jewelry, wear them in good health.

so if I have white gold ruby earrings and the pendant is yellow gold and rubies that's ok? (both have rows of straight rubies that IMO "coordinate" nicely)

Or yellow gold bangle with white gold earrings?

myself

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 5:51 am
I think it's okay if it's earrings and a bangle. If it were a ring and bangle I'd say wear the white on one hand and the yellow on the other. Just don't wear white and yellow on the same hand.

Beyla

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 7:29 am
I usually don't like to mix yellow and white gold but it really depends of the pieces of jewelry you have! With some it can be nice. Like today I wear my usual white rings and watch but I also added a big yellow and blue fantasy bracelet. It's really different (not classical) so IMO it's nice.

Scrabble123

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 7:39 am
myself wrote:
I think it's okay if it's earrings and a bangle. If it were a ring and bangle I'd say wear the white on one hand and the yellow on the other. Just don't wear white and yellow on the same hand.

It's not true. A ring is allowed to not match to other jewelry because it is accepted for a person to have only ONE wedding band & ring. Actually, it is accepted to even have an infinity band with diamonds in platinum with a yellow gold right. I have seen it all the time in the very very upper class circles. People wear yellow gold rings with a platinum tennis bracelet. It's acceptable. Maybe you don't like the look, but there is nothing wrong with it.

myself

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 7:45 am
I agree that there is nothing wrong with it!
I suppose my last sentence made it seem as though it's a rule. It's not. Just a peice of advice Wink

tigerwife

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 7:57 am
saw50st8 wrote:
so if I have white gold ruby earrings and the pendant is yellow gold and rubies that's ok? (both have rows of straight rubies that IMO "coordinate" nicely)

Or yellow gold bangle with white gold earrings?

I don't know what they look like but the ruby jewelry does sound too similar to be worn together. Or maybe they'd look great- if it's not too matchy matchy enough to look off in color.

I would wear the earrings and bracelet. Right now I'm wearing white gold, yellow gold (those match besides the color) and leather bangles on one wrist.

Of course, this is all just my opinion.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics