Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Educational apps for the IPAD

momesq

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 10:21 pm
I am looking for recommendations for good reading apps for the IPAD for my 3rd grader who is behind on reading (decoding and phoncs). But it should be fun too - more like a game than work.

Stayci

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 10:30 pm
I love the Montessori Crossword app. My 3 year old daughter learned to read using that app.

seeker

Post Wed, May 14 2014, 11:28 pm
How far behind is she? Are there other learning issues?

I have a ton of educational apps, which I'm working on sorting out to give better recommendations, but meanwhile if you tell me more about what you're looking for I can try to name a few.

I found most of mine through smartappsforkids.com (they post a lot of junky apps, too, so you need to use your own judgment - it's just a bit more efficient than browsing the app store, IME) and (forgot url) a different blog called ipad apps for school or something like that.

amother

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 12:06 am
My daughter picked up reading from all the dr Seuss and Bernstein Bears books she has on her iPad.

It highlights the word it's reading and the kids just pick it up! They're amazing!

momesq

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 7:13 am
Thanks Seeker. DD is in 3rd grade and reads on an end of first grade level. So is say its a full year behind. The issues are decoding, phonics and attention.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics