Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Zucchini ribbon recipe- what to do with left overs

ruby slippers

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 10:54 am
I am trying a new recipe from the kosher pallet called vegetable ribbons.. you basically use a peeler and peel off pieces of zucchini until you hit the seeds and "fry" the ribbons.. but now I have all the centers that have seeds but still have some good stuff too- its a shame to throw away.. any suggestions for the leftovers??

Chayalle

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 11:07 am
I've made the stuffed zucchini (I think from the green KBD) and you scoop out the center of zucchini and stuff with meat filling. I didn't want to throw out all the centers, so used them in a zucchini kugel which I froze raw and took out as needed to bake for Shabbos.

Or, you can do zucchini soup. Saute onion, crushed garlic, and zucchini (depends how much zucchini you have). Add water to cover, salt and pepper, and dill, basil, and parsley (if you have). Puree.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 11:32 am
I just eat them raw as a snack as I'm cooking but you can throw them in soup.

greenfire

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 11:36 am
either save them for a soup ... or get more veggies for a ratatouille ... but until you decide you can freeze them

also you can sautee them with onions & garlic in olive oil & add them to an omelet

sky

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 12:07 pm
throw into a soup. You can freeze to use it the next time you make a soup or add it to the chicken soup for shabbos.

ruby slippers

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 12:16 pm
Great ideas- thanks!!! Just as a side note- I would not make this recipe again- it does not come out as pretty as I imagined. The zucchini ribbons just kinda get stuck together I did not over cook- cuz they are not mushy, they just don't look as light as they were when raw- It looked prettier raw! Not worth the effort.
Thanks again- think I'm gonna go with the ratatouille idea and use it for Friday night- yum!

MiracleMama

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 12:29 pm
I always serve mine raw, with a little pesto massaged in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics