Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Baby Name Help, PLEASE!!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 9:31 pm
Hi,

Does anyone know the meaning of the following names:

Ariella (and can this be used to name after someone named Aryeh)
Rikkel

Thanks- and please post soon- I'm due!!!!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 9:34 pm
would say it comes from ARI lion

sysr

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 10:04 pm
I thought Ariella is from the male angel Ariel?

mannyzmom

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 1:57 am
ariella means lion(ess) of Hashem

both aryeh and ariella have lion meaning so I dont see why not to use it

shalhevet

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 3:06 am
I have heard that it is not good to name a girl after a man - it can cause infertility, ch"v -check with a rav.

su7kids

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 11:15 am
shalhevet wrote:
I have heard that it is not good to name a girl after a man - it can cause infertility, ch"v -check with a rav.

My Hebrew name is after my grandfather. I have Kein Ein Hora 7 kids. In fact, my Hebrew name is a female version of a man's name, like:
Davida
Avrahama
Yaakova
Yitzchaka

supermom

Post Sat, Mar 03 2007, 12:40 pm
My first is named ariella. I love the name. My husbands grandmother wanted someone to be named after her father which is tzvi aryeh. When we had a girl my husband said lets name her ariella since he loved the name and it meant the same.

Isn't the bais hamikdash called ariella?

My cousin and grandmother was named after a man my cousin has twelve kids ka"h and my grandmother had six ka"h.

One thing I can say is my daughter (5) acts like a real boy (she climbs trees, jumps out of windows, jumps over gates. You name it she does.). Even for purim she insisted on being a lion (she loves lions it is her favorite animal) so she can scare everyone. Rolling Eyes I think I raised a boy. shock

momof5boys

Post Sat, Mar 03 2007, 5:15 pm
the name Ariel is one of the names for the Beis hamikdash. Lion of G-d isa symbok of yehuda and of Yerushalayim.

Ariella is a feminized version of the name. (like Michaella, Daniella)
But is does not mean Lioness of G-d. (b/c the ella instead of the el is what makes it for a girl) and Lioness is Levia.

Ariel is not one of the angels, that would be Uriel or Oriel. from the meaning Light.

(Ariel in western lit is the fairy/ spirit main character in S's "the Tempest" and he/ she represents creativity and art. )

Naming is such a personal thing and if it is meaningful to you having Ariella after grandfather Arye, go for it . and even if you like it stam, go for it.
Behatzlacha.

Boys"R"Us

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 1:27 am
Hey Momof5boys.. I thought you were ME!!

For a minute there, I thought I'd lost my mind... I REALLY didn't remember posting that!! lol Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

I sent you a PM Very Happy

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 5:55 am
Rikkel sounds like a derivative of Rivkah. I know plenty of Rikkels!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names