Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Upsherin on fathers day

amother

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 10:40 pm
Curious to hear everyone's 2 cents.

We don't celebrate fathers day (or mothers day for that matter) but dh's father does and loves to feel respected and appreciated.

I'm trying to decide if I should do something small to acknowledge the day. So small that ds won't even notice it, but that it will be appreciated by my FIL. He would never expect us to make a big deal out of it on ds's big day, but I feel like he will expect something. My father and grandparents will also be there, but they don't really care about fathers day.

I really can't decide if I should do something and if so, what I should do. FWIW its going to be a really small party.

agreer

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 12:45 am
Buy fil a small cake. Dis can't read, can he?! He won't even notice. If you have older children, it will be good chinuch. We don't worship the young; we cherish the old!

Pineapple

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 8:23 am
agreer wrote:
Buy fil a small cake. Dis can't read, can he?! He won't even notice. If you have older children, it will be good chinuch. We don't worship the young; we cherish the old!

This!

greenfire

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 11:20 am
just give him a father's day card ... simple & won't overpower anyone else

mommyhood

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 11:24 am
I wouldn't do a cake, I feel like that's for the birthday boy only. My bakery will write in icing on a big cookie, maybe you could do that with a card?

abeona

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 11:26 am
I like the idea of a small cake because, u can give it to all fathers equally, be it your father, dh or grandfather, once you do it for one man I think it would be nice to do it for all men. or you can do a personal card to just one man... without hurting feeling of other men because they might not celebrate but once you celebrate their sentiments may change..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics