Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Jerusalem - URGENT - Simcha/Shabbat dress for sem daughter!

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 3:43 am
Upcoming friend's wedding, needs dress suitable for simcha and afterwards shabbat - reasonable cost, any ideas of shops PLEASE????? Doesn't have to be black, in fact she likes colors....TIA! We have reached crisis point LOL

AlwaysThinking

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 3:50 am
There are a couple of shops down the side of center one on yaffo near the tachana hamerkazit that have nice dresses. I know one of the shops is called Avivit Weisman (that's davka the one shop there I never have much luck with, but the others next to it are very much more in style etc.)

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 3:52 am
That was fast! THANK YOU Smile

chani8

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 4:03 am
You really can't find anything at the Canyon Malcha? There are so many nice things out right now, colors and all, and you just need to throw on a matching undershirt with them.

Where were we... oh, H&M has tons of possibilities. I was matzliach at Jump, and they're having a sale now.

ETA - these are stores in the Beer Sheva area, but I'm assuming they're in JM too.

Jewishmom8

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 4:11 am
one of a kind

DrMom

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 4:13 am
Can you buy something simple (LBD or equivalent) and dress it up with nice accessories (shoes/jewelry)?

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 4:22 am
Imamothers rock!!!! Thank you all!!!! Keep them coming ladies....

DrMom

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 4:52 am
If she goes for the shell-under-non-tznua-dress look, she has tons of options at any mall.

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 4:54 am
She is totally open to that - just has to find the non-tzanua dress she likes- and that fits at the end of sem!

brocha1

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 6:48 am
next to center one they have shops right round the center I brought nice dress for four hundred shekals really nice you can also buy in yaffa street they are tznius but not nebby good luck

sister

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 7:20 am
she should go to geula

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 9:01 am
Thank you all...I have WhatsApped her the info and am praying it will get a good result! Smile

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 12:27 pm
I sounds unbelievable that you can't find a dress! I presume your daughter is very picky. You need to push her to get something. I have a family member like this: you could spend days shopping with her until she finds the right dress. This one is too bright/too dull/too short/too long/too fancy/too simple/0.5cm too big/not her style and the list is never ending. In the meantime, she may have found a design she apparently likes but it happens they don't have her size, so you end up going to all the H&Ms on the planet to get that dress, and when you do find it, you realize is has a defect!
I agree with another poster, get her a black dress that she can wear all year round.

greenfire

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 12:33 pm
it might be easier to borrow something ... ask her to ask her friends ... this way she is not stuck with something she'll only need to wear once that she doesn't love

Mother 4

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 2:30 pm
TOUCH on a side street in Geulah.

mommy9

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 3:58 pm
My daughter got a gown at Banana.I don't know if they only have gowns.

November

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 4:01 pm
Where is Banana?
Mikimi at Center 1 is another nice store.

tigerwife

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 4:16 pm
Mango (Mamilla Mall)
Zara (Malcha Mall)

mommy9

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 4:37 pm
I don't know where Banana is.my daughter was in sem and was coming home for a wedding.she got a gown at a store called Banana in Y-m.

amother

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 5:05 pm
OP here.

Have just spoken to DD.

It appears she is following Greenie's advice ( which I only read after the call, so she's clearly psychic LOL ) and will be borrowing a dress, due to lack of time - apparently the end of the sem year is a busy time with finals etc!

Meanwhile, I now know where to go shopping in Jerusalem - thank you all Applause and shabbat shalom!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics