Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
ISO Gown that I can nurse in

Iymnok

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 3:22 pm
I have two months until the wedding. I want something that opens in front, wrap, crossover, buttons, etc.
Either a gown or 2 piece.
The color is Blush( embarrassed )

Israel or US

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 3:35 pm
Maybe a dressy skirt, a shell with a very deep V neck, and an evening shawl over the shell, with a scarf at the neck?

When you go to nurse, just go under the shawl.

penguin

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 3:39 pm
A jacket over a skirt is the most convenient. I don't know where you'll find it.

amother

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 3:41 pm
although my dd had a gown that just wasn't very fitted. She went into the kallah's room when it wasnt in use & just picked up the whole gown. But most people would not wear something that loose.

gande

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 5:35 pm
Its tough to find.... I got a regular gown and for that 1 or 2 times I had to nurse, took off the whole thing from the top. It was not that bad, I locked myself into a room, and less of a hastle in the long run than making yourself crazy finding the gown that doesnt exist.

pause

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 6:07 pm
One option is a two piece where you can lift the top.
Another option, and what I have done in the past, is go into a private room that has a lock, unzip my gown in the back and nurse with the whole top of the gown hanging around my waist. Just make sure your gown isn't so tight that you can't unzip it yourself.
If you nurse in the hall before you get dressed, say at 6:00, then nurse again at 8:30-9:00 during the meal, and once again at the end of dancing 11:00-12:00, it's really not so difficult to undress yourself two times. And if you prepare a bottle for one feeding, then you only need to do it once. Then at the end of the wedding, I changed from my gown back to regular clothes and nursed my baby still in the hall.

Redbird

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 6:26 pm
My friend, (who is not nursing) wore a ballgown skirt and a top that she bought completely separately and it was gorgeous. Maybe that can work.

When I was nursing I wore sleeveless (just straps) on top of a shell. Much more convenient than long sleeves.

amother

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 9:18 pm
At my brother's wedding a short 4 week's after birth, (so no time to look around for gowns, and nursing not going smoothly enough yet to nurse in any uncomfortable position) I got a regular gown, but wore a comfy t-shirt underneath, so when I needed to nurse I.would take off the top part of gown in the kallahs room, but still b "dressed" so.I was able to.call for help.to zip/unzip....

Good luck, enjoy and mazel tov!

Iymnok

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 5:16 am
I like the idea of sleeveless. Is blush a common color? Would I look like cotton candy in a whole gown, or can I wear a black skirt?
This is OOT

Can someone post a link for a top or gown

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 11:00 am
1. I wore a ballgown skirt (made out of a Goodwill dress) and a fancy sweater (January time)

2. I wore a mother of the bride suit that I had tznius-ized

3. I wore a ballgown skirt and a satin-trimmed top (maternity, the only wedding I was not nursing for!)

4. I wore a gown I owned with a shell underneath and locked myself in a room. This was for 2 chassunos the same summer.

5. I wore a ballgown skirt made from a gown bought on eBay and a fancy sequined velour top (3 weeks postpartum).

6. I just decided yesterday what to wear to the upcoming chassuna IY"H and that will be the gown from #4. My baby is now 8 months old, and I can probably get away with nursing only 3 times (mind you, we have pictures before, so it's longer than the actual chassuna duration we're dressed like this)...it's not super easy to zip, but I'm bringing it to a seamstress anyway for alterations so I might do something about that.

I think age of the baby is important, as well as time you have to look for things. 2 pieces are very convenient, but extremely hard to put together. I was very close to getting a new top for the skirt from #5, but finding a non-wintery matching top that wasn't too tight or otherwise non-tzniusdik was hard to find. I wasted hours and hours looking for such a thing. I also tried a v-neck sleeveless gown that may have worked, but it was quite expensive, and I would have needed to add a petticoat or something to the bottom as it was too slinky...and then find a matching shell, so I just returned it...

Those are my experiences. Good luck!

mandr

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 11:32 am
Anything that opens at the back or side is fine. Go into a private room and undo the top, letting it fall down on your lap. That's what I do whenever I'm dressed up in fancy clothing (shabbos, simcha, etc.). I don't own nursing-friendly outfits.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics