Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Mc
Previous  1  2

Motek

Post Thu, Nov 23 2006, 7:20 pm
Quote:
Rivka knew that it would be difficult for Yaakov to impersonate his brother and deceive his father.

By telling Yaakov to wear Eisav's clothes, she facilitated this necessary but unpleasant task as the Talmud Yerushalmi suggests (Moed Kattan 3:1) the personality of the wearer is somehow embedded in the clothing.

Exclamation

Rivka

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 4:19 pm
Motek are you insinuating that those girls who share clothes have nasty friends? I should hope not.
I personally would not either wear Witch From Hell's clothes simply because I don't like her, but sharing clothes with your friends as long as they fit, who cares? Do you not believe in getting second hand clothes either based on this torah source?
Anyway, as long as your daughter hasn't left her clothes in her boyfriend's house you are ok and she probably knows who has her stuff and she might have theirs too. So unless it was designer and cost alot of money I wouldn't panic.

faigie

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 7:39 pm
my kid shares her clothing with all her friends. and they share with her. I had to go track down her shabbos coat!

Tefila

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 8:15 pm
I loved to share with my friends it's so special Smile though undergarments is stretching it.
The only thing is that parents aren't too happy when it gets lost, and motek u r right that usually people are very attached to their stuff.

Since if it's not them paying well sharing b/comes easier I guess Twisted Evil but trying getting a girl to share with someone her hair straigtener that she bought herself with her hard earned money..................

greenfire

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 11:39 am
if I would count how many times an item has gone around the clan of friends & sisters - well I can't ... and when it comes back - they feel like wow ~ I've got a new shirt

some prized items however just seem to vanish along with socks into limbo ...

a black, short-sleeve, t-shirt with the logo 'come to the dark side - we have cookies' is still mia ... probably a size s or size xs - if you find it - let us know

[and if anybody asks why I brought up a thread from 2007 ... because I felt like it - better than all those crazy threads that ask about a bris, a baby's naming, an upsherin or when to tell your dd about her menstrual cycle when the kid is probably well into his/her teens or even married]

Shabbossong

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 12:37 pm
greenfire wrote:
if I would count how many times an item has gone around the clan of friends & sisters - well I can't ... and when it comes back - they feel like wow ~ I've got a new shirt

some prized items however just seem to vanish along with socks into limbo ...

a black, short-sleeve, t-shirt with the logo 'come to the dark side - we have cookies' is still mia ... probably a size s or size xs - if you find it - let us know

[and if anybody asks why I brought up a thread from 2007 ... because I felt like it - better than all those crazy threads that ask about a bris, a baby's naming, an upsherin or when to tell your dd about her menstrual cycle when the kid is probably well into his/her teens or even married]
I actually hadn't realized it was an old thread till you mentioned it- but I was wondering how motek got in there! Anyway, just curious- but do they really feel like its new when it comes back??? I was always hesitant to lend clothing, even to my sisters, cuz it adds wear and tear every time.....

greenfire

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 12:41 pm
new because they haven't worn it for some time ...

as for wear & tear - I'm with you - not to mention smelly & grosses me out ...

Shabbossong

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 12:47 pm
greenfire wrote:
new because they haven't worn it for some time ...

as for wear & tear - I'm with you - not to mention smelly & grosses me out ...
Ya I hear that- I've felt that way in the beginning of a new season, taking out 'new' clothing unworn since the year before....

And lol totally- I really felt self sacrificing when I lent my sisters clothing for high school country weekends- even if doesn't get stained, it has the 'scent'..... Smile

Truthfully I know tons of pple love lending though!

greenfire

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 12:52 pm
Shabbossong wrote:
but I was wondering how motek got in there!

why would you wonder how anybody got in here ... you being 12 posts & less than 1 month old ?!?!?!

naturalmom5

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 12:58 pm
Chen do you have my blue jacket with the big shoulder pads
I left it by you when I ate by on Shabbos in 1982
I want to prove to my husband that I was once a size 12

Shabbossong

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 1:00 pm
Lol! I've been on here way before I finally registered (despite me being less than a month old- go figure how I managed that one!!) so I'm not as clueless as you think.

greenfire

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 1:03 pm
found in the attic the winter coat dxh wore before we were married [when I bought him a new one]

and his chasuna suit in the closet - I'm holding them hostage with my rings & our watches & our kids - to prove we were once happy ... oh some things you just can't get rid of ...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children